6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A basic set of political beliefs about the roles of government and the individual in society.
- An ideology that emphasizes conservations and protection of the environment
- An identification card issued to immigrants who are legal residents of the United States.
- An ideology based on a strong belief in personal freedom and a minimal role for government.
- An ideology favoring a limited role for government and more private initiative by nongovernmental groups in efforts to solve society's problems.
5 True/False questions
Jim Crow Laws → Laws that enforced segregation and denied legal equality to African Americans.
resident alien → An immigrant who has legal status in the United States; a lawful permanent resident.
Civil Rights Act → Associations and other voluntary groups that form middle layer in society between government and individual families. It includes groups that people join because of family, faith, interests, or ideology.
liberalism → An ideology favoring an active role for government in efforts to solve society's problems.
political culture → A society's framework of shared values, beliefs, and attitudes concerning politics and government.