6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Laws that enforced segregation and denied legal equality to African Americans.
- Land mark legislation passed in 1964 that banned discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, or national origin
- An economic system that calls for public ownership of the means of production.
- A person who has come to the United States to live and work without the required legal papers.
- An ideology based on a strong belief in personal freedom and a minimal role for government.
5 True/False Questions
resident alien → An immigrant who has legal status in the United States; a lawful permanent resident.
ideology → A basic set of political beliefs about the roles of government and the individual in society.
environmentalism → An ideology favoring an active role for government in efforts to solve society's problems.
green card → An ideology at the middle of the political spectrum that combines elements of both liberal and conservative thought
naturalization → A legal process through which a person not granted citizenship by birth can become a citizen of a country. A naturalized citizen enjoys most or all of the rights of native-born citizens.