5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happened at the end of the indentured servant's term of service?
- What happened to the African American population in the Middle and New England colonies?
- Describe the first New England school?
- Who are indentured servants?
- in 1642, the Massachusetts assembly passed a law ordering parents to teach children "to read and understand the principles of their religion." What did towns of 50 or 100 children have to do? ***
- a they had to hire a school teacher.
- b they recieved freedoms ddues.
- c indentured servanss sighned contracts to work without wages for a period of four to seven years for anyoen who would pay their ocean passage to the Americas.
- d it increased.
- e they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
- the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
- the great awakening.
- it didn't becuase they where eslaved so they didnt
5 True/False questions
Did a class system exist in the colonies? → yes a class system exsisited.
Did African customs survive in Virginia and Maryland? Explain. → yes a class system exsisited.
What types of work did women do in the colonies? In the back country? In the cities? → they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
What did John Edwards teach → an english minister.
What types of work did African Americans do in South Carolina port towns? → they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.