5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did John Edwards teach
- What was the name of the religious movement that swept through the colonies in the 1730s and 1740s?
- What happened to the African American population in the Middle and New England colonies?
- Who was George Whitefield?
- Describe the first New England school?
- a it increased.
- b the great awakening.
- c he preched about the sweetness and beuty of god.
- d an english minister.
- e they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
5 Multiple choice questions
- they had to hire a school teacher.
- the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
- yes a class system exsisited.
- they recieved freedoms ddues.
- the great awakening aroused bitter debate.
5 True/False questions
Who set up the first public schools supported by taxes? → Massachusets.
What types of work did African Americans do in South Carolina port towns? → They worked at the
What was the name of the preacher, who helped to set off the Great Awakening? → the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
Who was part of the middle class? → farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
Did African customs survive in Virginia and Maryland? Explain. → yes a class system exsisited.