5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who were the gentry? Who did this include?
- Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education?
- What types of work did women do in the colonies? In the back country? In the cities?
- Who was George Whitefield?
- What did Puritans believe about the bible?
- a an english minister.
- b the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
- c they tauht people the duty to study the bible.
- d they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
- e the new englanders.
5 Multiple choice questions
- they recieved freedoms ddues.
- indentured servanss sighned contracts to work without wages for a period of four to seven years for anyoen who would pay their ocean passage to the Americas.
5 True/False questions
in 1642, the Massachusetts assembly passed a law ordering parents to teach children "to read and understand the principles of their religion." What did towns of 50 or 100 children have to do? *** → they had to hire a school teacher.
What was the name of the religious movement that swept through the colonies in the 1730s and 1740s? →
What did John Edwards teach → he preched about the sweetness and beuty of god.
On rice plantations in South Carolina, slaves saw few white colonists. How did that affect African customs? → the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
How did the Great Awakening contribute to a spirit of democratic feelings in the colonies? → the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.