5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happened to the African American population in the Middle and New England colonies?
- Who were the gentry? Who did this include?
- Describe the first New England school?
- Did a class system exist in the colonies?
- How did the Great Awakening contribute to a spirit of democratic feelings in the colonies?
- a the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
- b the great awakening aroused bitter debate.
- c it increased.
- d yes a class system exsisited.
- e they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
5 Multiple choice questions
- farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
- they recieved freedoms ddues.
- They worked at the
- an english minister.
5 True/False questions
What was the name of the religious movement that swept through the colonies in the 1730s and 1740s? →
What did John Edwards teach → he preched about the sweetness and beuty of god.
Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education? → the new englanders.
How did the Great Awakening force colonists to become more tolerant of one another? → the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
On rice plantations in South Carolina, slaves saw few white colonists. How did that affect African customs? → the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.