5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- On rice plantations in South Carolina, slaves saw few white colonists. How did that affect African customs?
- What happened to the African American population in the Middle and New England colonies?
- Who was George Whitefield?
- What types of work did women do in the colonies? In the back country? In the cities?
- How did the Great Awakening force colonists to become more tolerant of one another?
- a it didn't becuase they where eslaved so they didnt
- b it increased.
- c an english minister.
- d the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
- e they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the great awakening aroused bitter debate.
- they had to hire a school teacher.
- the great awakening.
- they recieved freedoms ddues.
- They worked at the
5 True/False Questions
Did African customs survive in Virginia and Maryland? Explain. → yes a class system exsisited.
Who set up the first public schools supported by taxes? → Massachusets.
Who were the gentry? Who did this include? → an english minister.
Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education? → the new englanders.
What did Puritans believe about the bible? → he preched about the sweetness and beuty of god.