5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did Puritans believe about the bible?
- What was the name of the preacher, who helped to set off the Great Awakening?
- Who was George Whitefield?
- Did a class system exist in the colonies?
- What types of work did women do in the colonies? In the back country? In the cities?
- b they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
- c an english minister.
- d they tauht people the duty to study the bible.
- e yes a class system exsisited.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the great awakening aroused bitter debate.
- farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
- they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
- the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
- They worked at the
5 True/False Questions
What was the name of the religious movement that swept through the colonies in the 1730s and 1740s? → the great awakening.
Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education? → the new englanders.
On rice plantations in South Carolina, slaves saw few white colonists. How did that affect African customs? → the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
Did African customs survive in Virginia and Maryland? Explain. → yes a class system exsisited.
What happened to the African American population in the Middle and New England colonies? → They worked at the