5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Did African customs survive in Virginia and Maryland? Explain.
- What types of work did women do in the colonies? In the back country? In the cities?
- Who were the gentry? Who did this include?
- On rice plantations in South Carolina, slaves saw few white colonists. How did that affect African customs?
- Who set up the first public schools supported by taxes?
- a they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
- b it didn't becuase they where eslaved so they didnt
- c Massachusets.
- d yes
- e the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the great awakening.
- they had to hire a school teacher.
- they tauht people the duty to study the bible.
- farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
- the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
5 True/False Questions
What was the name of the preacher, who helped to set off the Great Awakening? →
Describe the first New England school? → they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
Did a class system exist in the colonies? → yes a class system exsisited.
What types of work did African Americans do in South Carolina port towns? → they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
Who was George Whitefield? → an english minister.