5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Describe the first New England school?
- Did African customs survive in Virginia and Maryland? Explain.
- Who was part of the middle class?
- What did Puritans believe about the bible?
- Who was George Whitefield?
- a an english minister.
- b they tauht people the duty to study the bible.
- c farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
- d yes
- e they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- they recieved freedoms ddues.
- the great awakening aroused bitter debate.
- indentured servanss sighned contracts to work without wages for a period of four to seven years for anyoen who would pay their ocean passage to the Americas.
- they had to hire a school teacher.
- they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
5 True/False Questions
On rice plantations in South Carolina, slaves saw few white colonists. How did that affect African customs? → it didn't becuase they where eslaved so they didnt
What was the name of the religious movement that swept through the colonies in the 1730s and 1740s? → the great awakening.
What was the name of the preacher, who helped to set off the Great Awakening? →
Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education? → the new englanders.
Did a class system exist in the colonies? → yes a class system exsisited.