7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- metabolic rate determined in a thermal neutral environment, 12 to 18 hours after a meal, immediately after rising in a resting, supine position.
- a molecule that combines with an in-organic phosphate to form ATP
- chemical process involved in the production and breakdown of cellular ATP
- second stage of metabolism, requiring the presence of oxygen, in which the breakdown of glucose (in a process called the Krebs or citric acid cycle) yields a high amount of energy.
- the additional oxygen consumed above resting value after an exercise bout that is utilized to aid in many recovery processes a similar term is oxygen
- breaking down fatty acids to acetyl CoA units
6 True/False questions
Flavin adenine dinucleotide → one of the several molecules that serve as an electron and hydrogen carrier in bioenregetics
anabolic reaction → a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
deamination → breaking down fatty acids to acetyl CoA units
fatty acid → a compound composed of a carbon chain and hydrogen atoms with and acid group (COOH) at one end and a methyl group (CH3) at the other
electron transport chain (ETC) → a high energy phosphate molecule synthesized and used by cells for energy to perform cellular activities
essential amino acid → breaking down fatty acids to acetyl CoA units