7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a high energy phosphate molecule synthesized and used by cells for energy to perform cellular activities
- breaking down fatty acids to acetyl CoA units
- determination of the metabolic rate of an organism by direct measurement of the amount of heat produced.
- metabolic rate determined in a thermal neutral environment, 12 to 18 hours after a meal, immediately after rising in a resting, supine position.
- The metabolism that takes place in the absence of oxygen; the principle product is lactic acid.
- one of the several molecules that serve as an electron and hydrogen carrier in bioenregetics
6 True/False questions
anabolic reaction → a process in which simple substances are synthesized into more complex substances.
catabolic reaction → a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
active recovery → performance of light physical activity immediately after an exercise bout to aid recovery
ATP-PC System → use of energy obtained from intramuscular ATP and phosphocreatine stores to perform cellular activities, normally utilized during short-duration, high-intentsity physical activity
adenosine diphosphate (ADP) → a molecule that combines with an in-organic phosphate to form ATP
bioenergetics → chemical process involved in the production and breakdown of cellular ATP