7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- performance of light physical activity immediately after an exercise bout to aid recovery
- a series of chemical reactions that take place in the mitochondria, involving cytochromes, that result in the production of ATP and water
- a protein molecule that lowers the energy of activation and in doing so facilitates a chemical reaction.
- the additional oxygen consumed above resting value after an exercise bout that is utilized to aid in many recovery processes a similar term is oxygen
- metabolic rate determined in a thermal neutral environment, 12 to 18 hours after a meal, immediately after rising in a resting, supine position.
- breaking down fatty acids to acetyl CoA units
6 True/False questions
adenosine triphosphate (ATP) → a molecule that combines with an in-organic phosphate to form ATP
aerobic metabolism → second stage of metabolism, requiring the presence of oxygen, in which the breakdown of glucose (in a process called the Krebs or citric acid cycle) yields a high amount of energy.
bioenergetics → chemical process involved in the production and breakdown of cellular ATP
essential amino acid → an amino acid that the human body can't synthesize
ATP-PC System → use of energy obtained from intramuscular ATP and phosphocreatine stores to perform cellular activities, normally utilized during short-duration, high-intentsity physical activity
Flavin adenine dinucleotide → one of the several molecules that serve as an electron and hydrogen carrier in bioenregetics