7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- chemical process involved in the production and breakdown of cellular ATP
- The removal of an amino group (-NH2) from an amino acid or other organic compound.
- performance of light physical activity immediately after an exercise bout to aid recovery
- use of energy obtained from intramuscular ATP and phosphocreatine stores to perform cellular activities, normally utilized during short-duration, high-intentsity physical activity
- a molecule that combines with an in-organic phosphate to form ATP
- the additional oxygen consumed above resting value after an exercise bout that is utilized to aid in many recovery processes a similar term is oxygen
6 True/False questions
catabolic reaction → a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
essential amino acid → an amino acid that the human body can't synthesize
anabolic reaction → a process in which simple substances are synthesized into more complex substances.
adenosine triphosphate (ATP) → a high energy phosphate molecule synthesized and used by cells for energy to perform cellular activities
fatty acid → The removal of an amino group (-NH2) from an amino acid or other organic compound.
Beta oxidation → breaking down fatty acids to acetyl CoA units