5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- traumatic injuries
- scar tissue
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- resident bacteria
- a wound healing differs according to the amount of tissue damage; occurs by _____ intentions.
- b phagocytosis is engulfing of bacteria by __.
- c uses up nourishment & end products of their metabolism inhibits other bacteria
- d physical injury or mental suffering; occurs out of the ordinary
- e wound is healing
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- due to dead leukocytes, bacteria, & decaying tissue
- sudden; course of a few days
- 4 wound classifications
- swelling signs may be limited to affected area
- antigens are administered to the person to stimulate antibody production; from attenuated pathogens (in lab)/ can last lifetime with boosters.
5 True/False Questions
clean → poison/ protein or conjugated protein produced by certain pathogens
individual immunity → individuals that are very resistant, others are suseptible
structural → penatrating wound
disease → in order to provide appropriate nursing care, the nurse needs a basic understanding of, cause of, & body's response to __.
disease → very ill with chance for recovery