5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- neoplastic disease
- WBC's, skin barriers, gastric secretions
- heredity disorders
- skin, nose, mouth, respiratory system, gi tract
- a in order to provide appropriate nursing care, the nurse needs a basic understanding of, cause of, & body's response to __.
- b external defenses include:
- c transmitted by genes; passed from one generation to the next
- d natural or inborne resistance against disease includes:
- e new growth of abnormal tissue; tumors
5 Multiple choice questions
- body's attempt to heal itself
- the service that assists in preventing & giving relief to disease, anxiety, & pain.
- new tisue formation in the repair of the wound
- clears soon, able to function; not life threatening.
- their races and/or families who are more resistant to diseases more than other people
5 True/False questions
traumatic injuries → cells, phagocites that engulfs/ destroys bacteria & other foreign particles
perferated → very ill with chance for recovery
evisceration → local response to cellular injury that is marked by capillary dilatation, redness, heat, & pain
disease → includes old accidental wounds; infected wounds, puss or peralent drainage are evident
dehiscence → rupture or splitting open, as of a surgical wound, or of an organ or structure to discharge its contents.