5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- protective covering
- a the service that assists in preventing & giving relief to disease, anxiety, & pain.
- b prevent microbes & other substances from entering the body; helps prevent injury to more fragile organs within the body
- c special proteins that neutralizes foreign antigens
- d to remove an organ or contents of an organ
- e rupture or splitting open, as of a surgical wound, or of an organ or structure to discharge its contents.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- natural or inborne resistance against disease includes:
- developed independently of any other disease.
- a __ disease has a slow progression of symptoms
- examples of this disease is AIDS, STDS, Staph, Strep, Flu, Hepatitis
- things you can see (ex bruising, edema)
5 True/False Questions
species → dryness of the __ is a deterrent to bacteria
acquired immunity → body must be stimulated to produce its own immune response
sub acute → sudden; course of a few days
antigen-antibody reaction/immune response → immune response is designed to attack only the infectious agent or harmful substances within the body
metabolic disorders → diabetes, mellitus, addison syndrome, hyper/hypothyroidism