5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to throw forward: hurl; to release, catipult, or send off 2. to set afloat, to put in operation or set in motion.
- b a part of an ocean 2. deep chasm abyss 3. whirlpool 4. a wide gap.
- c a passageway into whick compartments or rooms open. a place or position in which especially political power in welded through discussion or deal-making.
- d to produce on a hard material by eating into the material's surface (as in by acid or a laser beam.) 2. subject to such etching. 2. to delineate or impress clearly (scenes etched in our mind.)
- e broken frangments resulting from the decay or destruction of a building. 2. waterworn or roght broken stones or bricks used in coarse masonry or in fillinf courses of walls. 3. rough stone as it comes from the quarry.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a metal tool with a sharpened edge at one end used to chip, carve ot cut into a solid material.
- causing great pain or distress. violent or wild. Extraordinary, tremendous.
- the color of tawny. a warm sandy color.
- without haste, deliberately.
- to become turgid, swell. to walk with a proud gait. .
5 True/False questions
coast → boldly or brashly self confident 2. jaunty
lusterous → to become turgid, swell. to walk with a proud gait. .
kindling → a connecting structure, a single ring or division of a chain. 2. One of the standardized divisions of a surveyor's chain. 3. Something analogous to a link of a chain, a communication system.
complex → 1. a whole made up of complicated or interrelated parts. 2. a group of culture traits relating to a single activity, process, or culture unit. an exaggerated reaction to or preoccuation with a subject or situation;
buff → a part of an ocean 2. deep chasm abyss 3. whirlpool 4. a wide gap.