5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the color of tawny. a warm sandy color.
- b to move in an up and down manner: bounce.
- c causing great pain or distress. violent or wild. Extraordinary, tremendous.
- d to throw forward: hurl; to release, catipult, or send off 2. to set afloat, to put in operation or set in motion.
- e the land near a shore, seashore. obsolete, border, frontier.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a metal tool with a sharpened edge at one end used to chip, carve ot cut into a solid material.
- broken frangments resulting from the decay or destruction of a building. 2. waterworn or roght broken stones or bricks used in coarse masonry or in fillinf courses of walls. 3. rough stone as it comes from the quarry.
- boldly or brashly self confident 2. jaunty
- 1. reflecting light evenly and efficiently wothout glitter or sparkle. 2. radiant in character or reputation; illustrious.
- without haste, deliberately.
5 True/False questions
intricate → to become turgid, swell. to walk with a proud gait. .
kindling → a connecting structure, a single ring or division of a chain. 2. One of the standardized divisions of a surveyor's chain. 3. Something analogous to a link of a chain, a communication system.
channel → a metal tool with a sharpened edge at one end used to chip, carve ot cut into a solid material.
amble → to go at or as if at an amble; saunter
etch → to produce on a hard material by eating into the material's surface (as in by acid or a laser beam.) 2. subject to such etching. 2. to delineate or impress clearly (scenes etched in our mind.)