Root Words #6 Randy Gregory
|Acu|| 1. Sharp|
2. acute, accurate
3. In any triangle, two of the interior angles are always acute.
|Capit, Capt|| 1. Head|
3. The captial of Georgia is in the great city of Atlanta.
|Don|| 1. Give|
2. Donate, Condon
3. My grandmother will donate all of her paycheck to the cancer society.
|Endo|| 1. Within|
2. endoskeleton, endosperm
3. In my zoology class we have been researching the endoskeleton of a pig.
|Gam|| 1. Marriage|
2. Game, polygamy
3. The Cross Creek football game started at 745 last Friday night.
|Gloss, Glot|| 1. Tounge|
2. glossary, polyglot
3. The glossary in the back of my book is seven pages long.
|Here, Hes|| 1. stick|
2. inherent, hereditary
3. When my grandparents die I am going to inherit their farm and barn.
|Mar, Meri, Mer|| 1. sea, pool|
2. marine, marsh
3. The marine corps keeps calling me, wanting me to come join.
|Paleo|| 1. old|
2. Paleozoic, Paleolithic
3. The Paleolithic era was back during the harlem renassiance.
|sacr, sanc, secr|| 1. sacred|
2. sacred, sacrosanct
3. The coach at our school is very sacred towards our team.