5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Macroscopic, microscopic, symbolic
- Hund's Rule
- 5 10
- a The 3 perspectives that chemist study matter from are?
- b ___________- electrons fill degenerate orbitals one at a time (with the same spin), before pairing up electrons in the degenerate orbitals
- c the subshell d has _ orbital(s) with a maximum of _ electrons per sublevel
- d chemistry is an ______________ science
- e Who was the scientist that came up with law of definite proportions by mass
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The ___________ principle says that elctrons "build up"by filling the lowest energy level orbitals first
- Matter can be divided up into what two categories?
- ___________ is an element that typically has less than 4 electrons in its outer shell
- Who was the scientist that came up with law of multiple proportions?
- ___________- elements that exhibit characteristics of both metals and non-metals
5 True/False Questions
Quantitative observations → ______________ - a simple description of some property of the substance
Systematic Error → atoms are most stable when they have 8 electrons
Physical Properties → ______________- Properties of matter that are observed when atoms are rearranged removed replaced or added to compounds resulting in new compounds with differing physical and chemical properties
118 → the subshell s has _ orbital(s) with a maximum of _ electrons per sublevel
Isotopes → __________ - atoms of the same element that differ in mass due to a different number of neutrons