5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ernest Rutherford
- Physical Chemistry
- Chemical properties
- ionic and covalent bonds
- a ______________- Attempts to develop the theory for why matter behaves the way it does. The application of these theories can be applied to all areas of chemistry
- b ______________- Properties of matter that are observed when atoms are rearranged removed replaced or added to compounds resulting in new compounds with differing physical and chemical properties
- c compounds can be broken into what two type of bonds?
- d Who was credited with the gold foil experiment?
- e ______________ is how close to the actual value the measurement is
5 Multiple choice questions
- these are properties that are dependent on how much matter is present
- The first atomic model was based on 3 major ______________ observations
- Chemists study matter from _ perspectives
- ___________ is an element that typically has less than 4 electrons in its outer shell
- Who was the scientist that defined the law of conservation of mass>
5 True/False questions
Homogenous and heterogeneous → Pure substances can be divided into what two categories
Robert Milton → Who was credited with the oil drop experiment?
Protons → A particular element is determined by the number of __________ in the nucleus
Quantitative observations → ______________ - a simple description of some property of the substance
Bio Chemistry → ______________- Study of the molecules and processes that take place in living organisms