5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- down across right left
- Physical Properties
- protons neutrons
- a ______________- A property that can be observed without changing the molecular composition of matter
- b ______________ atomic theory is microscopic model to explain macroscopic observations
- c The atomic radius trend says that atoms tend to get larger and have increased radius when you go ___________ the periodic chart as you go ___________ a period, ___________to ___________
- d mass number is the number of _________ +__________
- e ___________ is an element that typically has less than 4 electrons in its outer shell
5 Multiple choice questions
- A ______________ is the heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1g of water to 1degree C
- Who was the scientist that came up with law of multiple proportions?
- Isotopes of an element have the same __________ properties but different __________
- ______________- Study of how to determine the exact composition of mixtures and compounds. What is present and what is the exact percent composition.
- _________________- Study of compounds that have the element carbon as the basic structure
5 True/False questions
1,000 → 1 Food Calorie = ______cal
Isotopes → __________ - atoms of the same element that differ in mass due to a different number of neutrons
Homogenous and heterogeneous → mass number is the number of _________ +__________
Chemical properties → ______________- Properties of matter that are observed when atoms are rearranged removed replaced or added to compounds resulting in new compounds with differing physical and chemical properties
Aufbau → a neutron has what charge?