5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The use of oxygen in aerobic metabolism and production of carbon dioxide is referred to as:
- List three field tests to estimate aerobic power (VO2 max)
- In theory, EPOC period can NOT :
- Aerobic training does not cause:
- air displacment
- a is characterized by excess oxygen consumption over that seen during activity.
- b Bod Pod
- c the decreased number of capillaries supplying each muscle fiber.
- d Mile Run, 12 minute run/walk test, step test
- e Cellular Respiration
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- lower barometric pressure limiting oxygen transfer in the blood
- is achieved through intercalated discs
- 38 ATP
- Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type
5 True/False Questions
crossover concept → as exercise increases= stop using fat but shift to carbs; better trained= shifts to right
Which of the following is considered the only source of energy for the brain? → increase stroke volume
a MET is defined as a metabolic equivalent and is equal to → measurement of subcutaneous body fat.
The lag in oxygen uptake at the beginning of exercise is termed: → oxygen deficit
The window of opportunity in which protein should be consumed to improve protein synthesis: → ends several hours after resistance exercise.