5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- network management
- a T/F: For a cabling upgrade, the best way to ensure that future upgrades go smoothly is to carefully document the existing cable after making any upgrades.
- b The most comprehensive and complex upgrade involving network hardware is a(n) ____ upgrade.
- c A key component in managing networks is identifying and tracking its hardware and software through ____ management.
- d ____ refers to the assessment, monitoring, and maintenance of all aspects of a network.
- e The most common type of caching is ____ caching.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Part of the TCP/IP suite of protocols and typically runs over UDP on port 161.
- ____is the local storage of frequently needed files that would otherwise be obtained from an external source.
- A networked ____ is perhaps the simplest device to add.
- A ____ is a correction, improvement, or enhancement to a particular piece of a software application.
- A(n) ____ is a graphical representation of a network's devices and connections.
5 True/False questions
MRTG → One of the most common free network management tools.
fault → T/F: For a cabling upgrade, the best way to ensure that future upgrades go smoothly is to carefully document the existing cable after making any upgrades.
baseline → A(n) ___ is a report of the network's current state of operation.
False → T/F: The more data you gather while establishing your network's baseline, the less accurate your prediction will be.
traffic shaping → ____ involves manipulating certain characteristics of packets, data streams, or connections to manage the type and amount of traffic traversing a network or interface at any moment.