5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a One of the most common free network management tools.
- b T/F: For a cabling upgrade, the best way to ensure that future upgrades go smoothly is to carefully document the existing cable after making any upgrades.
- c ____ management is the collection, storage, and assessment of information related to the versions of software installed on every network device and every device's hardware configuration.
- d The process where one network management console collects data from multiple networked devices at regular intervals is known as ____.
- e A ____ is a correction, improvement, or enhancement to a particular piece of a software application.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ____is the local storage of frequently needed files that would otherwise be obtained from an external source.
- An example of commercial network management software.
- A ____ is a major change to a software package's existing code.
- A key component in managing networks is identifying and tracking its hardware and software through ____ management.
- Specifies what work a contractor should do.
5 True/False Questions
backbone → A(n) ___ is a report of the network's current state of operation.
justify → Because backbone upgrades are expensive and time consuming, the first step in approaching such a project is to ____ it.
system log → Stores results from devices monitoring conditions in Windows-based networks.
False → T/F: The first step in configuration management is to take an inventory of each node on the network.
wiring schematic → A(n) ____ is a graphical representation of a network's wired infrastructure.