5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Caloric Study
- Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Arterial Line (art line)
- a The visualization of the interior of organs and cavities of the body with an endoscope. Biopsies may be obtained during an endoscopy.
- b A catheter placed in an artery that continuously measures the patient's blood pressure
- c A test used to evaluate nystagmus (involuntary rapid eye movement) and the muscles that control eye movement
- d A test performed to evaluate the function of cranial nerve VIII. It also can indicate disease in the temporal portion of the cerebrum.
- e esophago-gastroduodenoscopy
5 Multiple choice questions
- A portable device that records the heart's electrical activity and produces a continuous EKG tracing over a specified period
- A graphic recording of the electrical activity of the brain
- A study conducted to measure the body's lung capacity and function
- Monitor of heart function that provides a visual and audible record of heartbeat
- The reflection of an ultrasound wave back to the transducer from a structure in the plane of the sound beam
5 True/False questions
Manometric Studies → A test performed to evaluate the function of cranial nerve VIII. It also can indicate disease in the temporal portion of the cerebrum.
Electroneurography (nerve conduction study) → Similar to an EMG, except that it evaluates the integrity of the peripheral nerves. This test often is performed with EMG
Narcolepsy → A chronic ailment that consists of recurrent attacks of drowsiness and sleep during the daytime
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) → The cessation of breathing during sleep
RA → room air