5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 99.8% of the mass of the solar system is...
- the poles
- heat and light
- the Earth's atmosphere and magnetic field
- 10 to 11 years
- a These are the byproducts of the sun's nuclear fusion.
- b these usually prevent solar winds from entering our world
- c in the sun
- d where solar winds can enter the Earth's atmosphere
- e time span over which the number of sunspots varies
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the variation in sunspots may cause changes in the Earth's temperature
- disruptions of radio, television and telephone signals and electrical power problems
- the element the sun uses to generate energy
- How does the mass of the helium produced by the sun compare with the mass of the hydrogen that goes into the process?
- the inner layer of the sun's atmosphere which produces the light
5 True/False Questions
nuclear fusion → when several prominences connect, these are produced
extremely high pressure and temperature → fusion only occurs in these two conditions
10 billion years → time span over which the number of sunspots varies
solar flares → streams of electrically charged particles coming from the corona
auroras → the outer layer of the sun's atmosphere