5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Patrick Henry
- Virginian Plan
- Articles of Confederation
- William Patterson
- Shay's Rebellion
- a 1st plan for a national government developed at the 1776 Continental Congress
- b Presented the New Jersey Plan
- c He said he "smelled a rat in Philadelphia, tending toward monarchy".
- d Plan that proposed two houses both based on population.
- e Rebels take over a Massachusetts courthouse and farmers won the sympathy of many people. Showed weakness in Articles of Confederation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The people choose representative for them.
- Compromise that settled the issue of how to count slaves in the southern states. Three-fifths of the slave population would be counted when setting direct taxes on states and the three-fifths ratio would be used to determine representation in the legislature.
- System of government in which power is shared between the central government and the states.
- Included land from the states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota
- Two men who refused to sign the Constitution until a Bill of Rights was added
5 True/False Questions
Bill of Rights → People who supported the Constitution
Northwest Ordinance → Included land from the states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota
Strengths of Articles of Confederation → 1. Governed nation during the American Revolutionary War (raised army, paid soldiers) 2. Negotiated the Treaty of Paris at end of war (established independence from Britain and set boundaries for US) 3. Passed the Land Ordinance of 1785 - (townships and free public education) 4. Passed the Northwest Ordinance how new territory settled and settlers' rights (Outlawed slavery, guaranteed freedom of religion, trial by jury)
Wilderness Road → People who supported the Constitution
John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison → The three men who wrote The Federalist Papers.