← Chapter 8 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison
- Patrick Henry
- Great Compromise
- Northwest Ordinance
- a The three men who wrote The Federalist Papers.
- b People who were against the Constitution
- c Compromise that settled the issue of representation in Congress - the Senate would give each state equal representation, and the House of Representatives would have representation based on on state's population
- d Described how the new territory would be governed, and set conditions for settlement.
- e He said he "smelled a rat in Philadelphia, tending toward monarchy".
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Compromise that settled the election of a the president
- Father of the Constitution
- Presented the Virginia Plan
- 1. Lacked power to enforce laws (no power to put down rebellions) 2. Lacked power to levy taxes (no way to raise money for roads, schools) 3. Lacked power to regulate trade among states (made trade difficult between states because of taxes on goods as they passed through each state) 4. Required all 13 states to approve changes in the Articles (made it difficult to make any changes in laws)
- Presented the New Jersey Plan
5 True/False Questions
Articles of Confederation → 1st plan for a national government developed at the 1776 Continental Congress
Patrick Henry and George Mason → Two men who refused to sign the Constitution until a Bill of Rights was added
republic → System of government in which power is shared between the central government and the states.
Northwest Territory → Described how the new territory would be governed, and set conditions for settlement.
Constitutional Convention → 1st plan for a national government developed at the 1776 Continental Congress