5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- James Madison quote
- Patrick Henry and George Mason
- Shay's Rebellion
- Patrick Henry
- Executive Compromise
- a Rebels take over a Massachusetts courthouse and farmers won the sympathy of many people. Showed weakness in Articles of Confederation
- b Said, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."
- c Compromise that settled the election of a the president
- d He said he "smelled a rat in Philadelphia, tending toward monarchy".
- e Two men who refused to sign the Constitution until a Bill of Rights was added
5 Multiple choice questions
- People who were against the Constitution
- The meeting in Philadelphia that was described as, "An assembly of demigods" by Thomas Jefferson.
- System of government in which power is shared between the central government and the states.
- The people choose representative for them.
- Compromise that settled the issue of how to count slaves in the southern states. Three-fifths of the slave population would be counted when setting direct taxes on states and the three-fifths ratio would be used to determine representation in the legislature.
5 True/False questions
Federalists → System of government in which power is shared between the central government and the states.
Land Ordinance of 1785 → Surveyors staked out six mile square plots called Townships.
William Patterson → The first ten amendments to the Constitution
Virginian Plan → Plan that proposed two houses both based on population.
Northwest Ordinance → Included land from the states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota