5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- James Madison
- John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison
- James Madison quote
- a The people choose representative for them.
- b Father of the Constitution
- c The three men who wrote The Federalist Papers.
- d People who were against the Constitution
- e Said, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plan for one house and representation would be equal for all states.
- System of government in which power is shared between the central government and the states.
- People who supported the Constitution
- Surveyors staked out six mile square plots called Townships.
- 1. Governed nation during the American Revolutionary War (raised army, paid soldiers) 2. Negotiated the Treaty of Paris at end of war (established independence from Britain and set boundaries for US) 3. Passed the Land Ordinance of 1785 - (townships and free public education) 4. Passed the Northwest Ordinance how new territory settled and settlers' rights (Outlawed slavery, guaranteed freedom of religion, trial by jury)
5 True/False questions
William Patterson → Presented the New Jersey Plan
Great Compromise → Compromise that settled the issue of representation in Congress - the Senate would give each state equal representation, and the House of Representatives would have representation based on on state's population
Virginian Plan → Plan for one house and representation would be equal for all states.
Patrick Henry → The people choose representative for them.
Northwest Ordinance → Included land from the states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota