5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bill of Rights
- Constitutional Convention
- Wilderness Road
- Patrick Henry
- Shay's Rebellion
- a Rebels take over a Massachusetts courthouse and farmers won the sympathy of many people. Showed weakness in Articles of Confederation
- b The meeting in Philadelphia that was described as, "An assembly of demigods" by Thomas Jefferson.
- c He said he "smelled a rat in Philadelphia, tending toward monarchy".
- d The first ten amendments to the Constitution
- e The trail cut by Daniel Boone over Appalachian Mts. to Kentucky
5 Multiple choice questions
- The three men who wrote The Federalist Papers.
- Plan that proposed two houses both based on population.
- 1. Governed nation during the American Revolutionary War (raised army, paid soldiers) 2. Negotiated the Treaty of Paris at end of war (established independence from Britain and set boundaries for US) 3. Passed the Land Ordinance of 1785 - (townships and free public education) 4. Passed the Northwest Ordinance how new territory settled and settlers' rights (Outlawed slavery, guaranteed freedom of religion, trial by jury)
- Described how the new territory would be governed, and set conditions for settlement.
- Presented the New Jersey Plan
5 True/False questions
Articles of Confederation → 1st plan for a national government developed at the 1776 Continental Congress
Edmund Randolph → Presented the Virginia Plan
James Madison → Said, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."
republic → System of government in which power is shared between the central government and the states.
Anti-Federalists → People who were against the Constitution