5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- James Madison
- John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison
- Wilderness Road
- Patrick Henry and George Mason
- a The trail cut by Daniel Boone over Appalachian Mts. to Kentucky
- b Two men who refused to sign the Constitution until a Bill of Rights was added
- c The three men who wrote The Federalist Papers.
- d People who supported the Constitution
- e Father of the Constitution
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Presented the Virginia Plan
- 1. Lacked power to enforce laws (no power to put down rebellions) 2. Lacked power to levy taxes (no way to raise money for roads, schools) 3. Lacked power to regulate trade among states (made trade difficult between states because of taxes on goods as they passed through each state) 4. Required all 13 states to approve changes in the Articles (made it difficult to make any changes in laws)
- 1. Governed nation during the American Revolutionary War (raised army, paid soldiers) 2. Negotiated the Treaty of Paris at end of war (established independence from Britain and set boundaries for US) 3. Passed the Land Ordinance of 1785 - (townships and free public education) 4. Passed the Northwest Ordinance how new territory settled and settlers' rights (Outlawed slavery, guaranteed freedom of religion, trial by jury)
- Said, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."
- The people choose representative for them.
5 True/False Questions
William Patterson → Father of the Constitution
Virginian Plan → Plan that proposed two houses both based on population.
Northwest Ordinance → Included land from the states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota
Three-Fifths compromise → Compromise that settled the issue of representation in Congress - the Senate would give each state equal representation, and the House of Representatives would have representation based on on state's population
Anti-Federalists → People who were against the Constitution