5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Virginian Plan
- Weaknesses of Articles of Confederation
- Shay's Rebellion
- Articles of Confederation
- Land Ordinance of 1785
- a Plan that proposed two houses both based on population.
- b 1st plan for a national government developed at the 1776 Continental Congress
- c Surveyors staked out six mile square plots called Townships.
- d 1. Lacked power to enforce laws (no power to put down rebellions) 2. Lacked power to levy taxes (no way to raise money for roads, schools) 3. Lacked power to regulate trade among states (made trade difficult between states because of taxes on goods as they passed through each state) 4. Required all 13 states to approve changes in the Articles (made it difficult to make any changes in laws)
- e Rebels take over a Massachusetts courthouse and farmers won the sympathy of many people. Showed weakness in Articles of Confederation
5 Multiple choice questions
- Said, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."
- Compromise that settled the election of a the president
- Two men who refused to sign the Constitution until a Bill of Rights was added
- He said he "smelled a rat in Philadelphia, tending toward monarchy".
- The people choose representative for them.
5 True/False questions
John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison → The three men who wrote The Federalist Papers.
Northwest Ordinance → Included land from the states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota
Wilderness Road → Plan for one house and representation would be equal for all states.
Great Compromise → Compromise that settled the issue of representation in Congress - the Senate would give each state equal representation, and the House of Representatives would have representation based on on state's population
James Madison → Said, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."