5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trojan War
- Darius III
- a a fortified hilltop in an ancient Greek city.
- b king of Persia who was defeated by Alexander the Great his murder effectively ended the Persian Empire (died in 330 BC)
- c a battle in 490 BC in which the Athenians and their allies defeated the Persians
- d Athenian leader noted for advancing democracy in Athens and for ordering the construction of the Parthenon.
- e (Greek mythology) a great war fought between Greece and Troy
5 Multiple choice questions
- a war in which Athens and its allies were defeated by the league centered on Sparta 431-404 BC
- a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy
- an ancient Greek city famous for military prowess. Located on the southern Peloponnesus
- a lawmaking body
- A city and its surrounding lands functioning as an independent political unit.
5 True/False questions
Heinrich Schleimann → German businessman, found the sites of Mycenae and Troy
Socrates → medical practitioner who is regarded as the father of medicine Ex. author of the Hippocratic Oath (circa 460-377 BC)
Herodotus → a fortified hilltop in an ancient Greek city.
Homer → ancient Greek epic poet who is believed to have written the Iliad and the Odyssey (circa 850 BC)
Delian League → was formed to protect against threats from persia (after the persian war)