5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Debt slavery
- Persian Wars
- the Odyssey
- a a drama that ends in catastrophe
- b a person would serve as someone's slave in order to pay off a debt
- c was written by Homer and was about Odysseus' 10 year struggle to get home
- d A series of wars between Greek city-states and the Persian Empire (5th century B.C.).
- e People who replaced the Minoans as the chief power of the Aegean world
5 Multiple choice questions
- The capital of the ancient Minoan civilization; located on the island of Crete off the coast of present-day Greece.
- A form of government in which citizens rule directly and not through representatives
- a system of government in which a small group holds power
- a war in which Athens and its allies were defeated by the league centered on Sparta 431-404 BC
- (Greek mythology) a great war fought between Greece and Troy
5 True/False questions
Delian League → was formed to protect against threats from persia (after the persian war)
Marathon → Powerful city in Ancient Greece that was a leader in arts, sciences, philosophy, democracy and architecture
Acropolis → a fortified hilltop in an ancient Greek city.
Iliad → ancient Athenian philosopher pupil of Socrates; teacher of Aristotle (428-347 BC)
Democracy → a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them