5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a formation of infantry carrying overlapping shields and long spears; group of men packed together (for attack or defense)
- b the ancient Greek known as the father of history. First historical writings about the Persian Wars
- c earliest Greek civilization that had developed on the island of Crete by 2000 B.C.
- d a fortified hilltop in an ancient Greek city.
- e a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a system of government in which a small group holds power
- a war in which Athens and its allies were defeated by the league centered on Sparta 431-404 BC
- Powerful city in Ancient Greece that was a leader in arts, sciences, philosophy, democracy and architecture
- ancient Athenian philosopher pupil of Socrates; teacher of Aristotle (428-347 BC)
- king of Macedon x. conqueror of Greece and Egypt and Persia; founder of Alexandria (356-323 BC)
5 True/False Questions
Philip of Macedon → medical practitioner who is regarded as the father of medicine Ex. author of the Hippocratic Oath (circa 460-377 BC)
Homer → a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy
Direct Democracy → a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
Legislature → a lawmaking body
Trojan War → A series of wars between Greek city-states and the Persian Empire (5th century B.C.).