5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- When applying a dressing and a bandage to a scalp wound, you should:
- A patients taking _______ would MOST likely experience a delay in the healing of a wound.
- Which of the following interventions encourages drainage from the site of a closed wound and reduces swelling?
- During the secondary phase of a blast injury:
- When muscles are crushed beyond repair, tissue necrosis develops and causes the release of harmful products. This process is called:
- a carefully assess the skull for an underlying fracture.
- b flying shrapnel may cause penetrating injuries.
- c Corticosteroids
- d Elevation
- e Rhabdomyolysis
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- histamine causes vasodilation and increased blood flow to the injury
- fever and chills
- consist of nonliving cells that are continuously being shed.
- is limited because the skin is unbroken.
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following statements regarding crush injury is MOST correct? → The seriousness of a laceration depends on its depth and the structures that have been damaged.
a laceration that lies perpendicular to the skin's tension lines: → often remains open, heals more slowly, and is more likely to result in abnormal scar formation.
You are dispatched to a residence for a man who cut his hand with a chainsaw. Upon arriving at the scene, your first action should be to: → carefully assess the scene for safety hazards.
When caring for a patient with an open chest wound, you should: → early notification of the hospital is important
In contrast to a contusion, a hematoma is: → helps control the bleeding when used in conduction with direct pressure.