5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Smith
- Marquis de Lafayette
- Samuel Adams
- Thomas Paine
- a author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- b French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
- c Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
- d leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
- e daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
5 Multiple choice questions
- Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre
- American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
- Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
- former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
5 True/False questions
John Paul Jones → American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
Abraham Lincoln → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
George Washington → Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
William Tecumseh Sherman → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
John Marshall → Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review