5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Abraham Lincoln
- Robert Fulton
- James Monroe
- Marquis de Lafayette
- William Penn
- a 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
- b U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
- c The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
- d French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
- e inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
5 Multiple choice questions
- American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
- author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
- Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre
5 True/False questions
Elizabeth Cady Stanton → United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
Abigail Adams → Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
Andrew Jackson → 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act
William Tecumseh Sherman → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
John Smith → leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."