5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- Abigail Adams
- John Marshall
- Patrick Henry
- Samuel Adams
- a Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
- b Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
- c Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review
- d Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
- e Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
- American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
- United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
- American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
5 True/False Questions
Harriet Tubman → Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
James Oglethorpe → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
Samuel F.B. Morse → inventor who patented the telegraph
James Monroe → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
John Smith → leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."