5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Paine
- Robert Fulton
- James Monroe
- Harriet Tubman
- a 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
- b inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- c Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- d daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
- e author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
5 Multiple choice questions
- French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
- former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
- American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre
- Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
5 True/False questions
Thomas Jefferson → author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
Patrick Henry → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
John Hancock → American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
Samuel Adams → brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes
Andrew Jackson → 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act