5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Eli Whitney
- Harriet Tubman
- Crispus Attucks
- James K. Polk
- James Madison
- a Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre
- b Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- c invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
- d President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
- e President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
5 Multiple choice questions
- former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
- Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
- American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
- inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
5 True/False questions
Pocahontas → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
Samuel Slater → brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes
William Penn → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
Elizabeth Cady Stanton → United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
John Deere → invented the steel plow