5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Abraham Lincoln
- Sojourner Truth
- John Hancock
- James K. Polk
- Benjamin Franklin
- a American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- b President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
- c American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
- d U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
- e former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- invented the steel plow
- author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
- Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
- United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
5 True/False Questions
John Smith → invented the steel plow
Abigail Adams → Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
John Adams → invented the steel plow
Marquis de Lafayette → brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes
Samuel F.B. Morse → inventor who patented the telegraph