5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Marquis de Lafayette
- James Monroe
- John Hancock
- John Paul Jones
- Robert Fulton
- a American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- b inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- c French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
- d American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
- e 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review
- author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
- invented the steel plow
- President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
- founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
5 True/False Questions
Harriet Tubman → Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
Benjamin Franklin → American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
William Tecumseh Sherman → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
Eli Whitney → invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
King George III → invented the steel plow