5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- John Paul Jones
- Thomas Paine
- George Washington
- Abigail Adams
- Patrick Henry
- a American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- b Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
- c author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- d Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
- e Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- King of England during the American Revolution
- founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
- inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
5 True/False Questions
Cyrus McCormick → Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre
James Monroe → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
Elizabeth Cady Stanton → United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
James K. Polk → President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
Abraham Lincoln → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania