5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Adams
- Crispus Attucks
- John Paul Jones
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- Marquis de Lafayette
- a American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- b Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre
- c French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
- d United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
- e Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
5 Multiple choice questions
- invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
- inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
- Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
5 True/False questions
Sojourner Truth → leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
Cyrus McCormick → Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre
Thomas Jefferson → author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
Thomas Paine → author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
James Monroe → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.