5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- John Deere
- Thomas Paine
- Samuel Slater
- Sojourner Truth
- a brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes
- b invented the steel plow
- c United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
- d former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
- e author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
5 Multiple choice questions
- daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
- Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
- author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
- United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
- American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
5 True/False questions
James Monroe → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
Samuel Adams → Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
William Tecumseh Sherman → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
Benjamin Franklin → American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
Cyrus McCormick → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.