5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Penn
- John Adams
- Samuel Adams
- George Washington
- Eli Whitney
- a invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
- b Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
- c The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
- d Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
- e Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review
- President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
- American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre
- U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
5 True/False questions
Sojourner Truth → leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
William Tecumseh Sherman → Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
John Smith → leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
Pocahontas → daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
Marquis de Lafayette → brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes