5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- George Washington
- Samuel Adams
- John Hancock
- Abraham Lincoln
- William Penn
- a American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
- b Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
- c The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
- d U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
- e Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- invented the mechanical reaper
- author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
- President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
- 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act
5 True/False Questions
Crispus Attucks → Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
Samuel Slater → brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes
Marquis de Lafayette → French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
Abigail Adams → Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
Benjamin Franklin → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution