5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Andrew Jackson
- Samuel Adams
- John Marshall
- Abraham Lincoln
- George Washington
- a U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
- b 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act
- c Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review
- d Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
- e Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
5 Multiple choice questions
- author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- King of England during the American Revolution
- 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
- President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
- French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
5 True/False questions
William Penn → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
John Hancock → American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
Frederick Douglass → inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
John Adams → invented the steel plow
Samuel Slater → brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes