5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cyrus McCormick
- Andrew Jackson
- John Paul Jones
- Frederick Douglass
- Abigail Adams
- a 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act
- b United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
- c American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- d Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
- e invented the mechanical reaper
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review
- Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
- American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
5 True/False Questions
Marquis de Lafayette → French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
James Monroe → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
John Smith → invented the steel plow
Harriet Tubman → inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
James K. Polk → President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.