5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Eli Whitney
- James K. Polk
- Thomas Jefferson
- John Smith
- Samuel Adams
- a President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
- b invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
- c Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
- d author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
- e leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- invented the steel plow
- American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
- Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
- 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
- invented the mechanical reaper
5 True/False Questions
James Oglethorpe → founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
Elizabeth Cady Stanton → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
Sojourner Truth → leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
William Penn → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
Harriet Tubman → inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind