5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- James Oglethorpe
- Harriet Tubman
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- William Penn
- Abigail Adams
- a The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
- b Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
- c founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
- d Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- e Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
- daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
- United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
- author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
5 True/False questions
Sojourner Truth → former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
Eli Whitney → invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
Thomas Jefferson → author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
James Monroe → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
Patrick Henry → Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."