5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- standard of living
- Columbian Exchange
- life expectancy
- urban areas
- a The exchange of plants, animals, diseases, and technologies between the Americas and the rest of the world following Columbus's voyages.
- b 75% of Latin Americans live here
- c The average number of years an individual can be expected to live, given current social, economic, and medical conditions. Life expectancy at birth is the average number of years a newborn infant can expect to live.
- d the material well-being of an individual, group, or nation measured by how well their necessities and luxuries are satisfied
- e A system where one country extends its control over another area, especially for economic benefit.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Portuguese-speaking South American country
- the ground level of the rainforest
- High mountain forests where temperatures are uniformly cool and fog or mist keeps vegetation wet all the time
- Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- farming in which only enough food to feed one's family is produced
5 True/False Questions
deforestation → planting trees to replace lost forest land
tropical forest → High mountain forests where temperatures are uniformly cool and fog or mist keeps vegetation wet all the time
spatial inequality → the diversity of plant and animal life in a particular habitat
Atacama Desert → one of the world's driest places
1438 - 1533 C.E. → Incan empire timeline dates