5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- urban areas
- physical geography
- life expectancy
- a the study of the world's physical features, such as landforms, bodies of water, climates, soils, and plants
- b The average number of years an individual can be expected to live, given current social, economic, and medical conditions. Life expectancy at birth is the average number of years a newborn infant can expect to live.
- c Lovett's Siempre Verde is located here
- d 75% of Latin Americans live here
- e The process of clearing the land of forests, often to make space for farms and ranches.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the dense mass of leaves and branches that form the top layer of the rain forest
- a man-made connection between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- Political leader who rules a country with absolute power, usually by force and without the consent of the people
- the ground level of the rainforest
- home to more types of animals and plants than any other place on Earth
5 True/False questions
rural decline → worsening economic conditions in the countryside including rising unemployment and growing poverty
Cuba → Human Development Index
reforestation → The process of clearing the land of forests, often to make space for farms and ranches.
traditional culture → customs and ways of life handed down by ancestors
HDI → Human Development Index