5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 500 B.C.E. - 900 C.E.
- traditional culture
- Human Development Index
- a the dense mass of leaves and branches that form the top layer of the rain forest
- b customs and ways of life handed down by ancestors
- c Mayan civilization timeline dates
- d travel to a natural habitat in a way that does not damage the habitat
- e A statistical comparison created in 1990 by the UN to measure the development and quality of life in a nation by looking at life expectancy, education, GNP, and other standards of living
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of the world's driest places
- the diversity of plant and animal life in a particular habitat
- Empire based in modern-day Mexico that fell under the rule of Spain as a result of the Spanish conquest.
- worsening economic conditions in the countryside including rising unemployment and growing poverty
- movement of people from rural areas to cities
5 True/False questions
forest floor → the ground level of the rainforest
1325 - 1519 C.E. → Aztec empire timeline dates
Inca Empire → Empire based in modern-day Mexico that fell under the rule of Spain as a result of the Spanish conquest.
literacy rate → Removal of most trees in an area
Roman Catholicism → Latin America's dominant religion