5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1438 - 1533 C.E.
- tropical forest
- literacy rate
- a The percentage of a country's people who can read and write.
- b a change in a way of life to suit new conditions
- c a broadleaf evergreen forest found in wet and hot regions near the equator
- d Incan empire timeline dates
- e A system where one country extends its control over another area, especially for economic benefit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A statistical comparison created in 1990 by the UN to measure the development and quality of life in a nation by looking at life expectancy, education, GNP, and other standards of living
- a relatively narrow strip of land (with water on both sides) connecting two larger land areas
- High mountain forests where temperatures are uniformly cool and fog or mist keeps vegetation wet all the time
- worsening economic conditions in the countryside including rising unemployment and growing poverty
- customs and ways of life handed down by ancestors
5 True/False questions
Mayan civilization → movement of people from rural areas to cities
sustainable development → A statistical comparison created in 1990 by the UN to measure the development and quality of life in a nation by looking at life expectancy, education, GNP, and other standards of living
clear cut → the dense mass of leaves and branches that form the top layer of the rain forest
subsistence farming → the unequal distribution of wealth or resources in a geographic area
Atacama Desert → a man-made connection between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans