5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dr. George Washington
- Wilma Rudolph
- James "Patch" Talley
- P.B. Downing
- a Who invented the mailbox?
- b Who invented over 300 products from the peanut?
- c Who was the first woman to win three Olympic Gold Medals in track?
- d Who was the first African-American male to become mayor of Spartanburg?
- e What year did the Voting Rights Act become law?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the first African-American to hold a Democratic Leadership position in the House of Representatives?
- Who is the only black woman to run for President of the U.S. (1972) and was re-elected for Congress six times?
- Who was the first African-American woman to win a Tony Award for best leading actress?
- Who was the first African-American man to reach the North Pole?
- What famous speech took place at the March on Washington?
5 True/False questions
Jackie Robinson → Who founded Ebony and Jet magazines?
President Lyndon B. Johnson → Which President of the U.S. signed the Voting Rights Act in 1965?
Daniel Hale Williams → Who is the first African-American to successfully perform open heart surgery?
Ernie Davis → What was the first state to declare Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday a legal holiday?
Dr. Kirkland → Who invented the elevator?