5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Michelle Obama
- Dr. Kirkland
- Dr. George Washington
- Thurgood Marshall
- Sidney Poitier for "Lillies of the Field" in 1963
- a Who was the first African-American Supreme Court Justice?
- b Who invented over 300 products from the peanut?
- c Who was the first African-American surgeon at Spartanburg Regional Hospital?
- d Who was the first African-American actor to win an Academy Award; for what movie was the award given; in what year was it awarded?
- e Who was the first African-American woman to become First Lady of the United States?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who is named the "Godfather of Soul"?
- Who invented the ironing board in 1892?
- Who was the first African-American woman to win the title of "Miss America"?
- Who is the founder of the United Negro College Fund?
- Who was the first African-American to hold a Democratic Leadership position in the House of Representatives?
5 True/False Questions
P.B. Downing → Who is the first person in history to win four gold medals in track and field at the Olympic Games in 1936?
April 4, 1968 → Who invented the incandescent light bulb in 1881?
Granville T. Woods → Who invented the traffic signal?
Dr. Benjamin Carson → Who was the first African-American woman astronaut?
Provident Hospital in Chicago → Who was the first to popularize the slogan, "Black Power"?