5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- April 4, 1968
- The Father of Black History
- April Tyese Thomas
- Franklin Raines
- Colin Powell
- a Who was the first African-American of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and he also became the first African-American Secretary of State?
- b Who was the first African-American to become Chairman and CEO of Fannie Mae and to lead a Fortune 500 company?
- c Dr. Carter G. Woodson is known as holding what title?
- d Who was the first African-American to hold the title of "Miss Dorman High School"?
- e On what date was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who was the first African-American to become police chief of Spartanburg?
- Who is the only boxer to win the heavyweight championship three times?
- Who invented the mailbox?
- Who is the founder of Motown Records in Detroit, Michigan?
- What two singing groups created the "Motown Sound"?
5 True/False Questions
Michelle Obama → What was the first state to declare Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday a legal holiday?
Tony Dungy of the Indianapolis Colts → What was the largest civil rights protest in America?
Wynona Douglas → Who was the first African-American football player to win the Heisman Trophy?
Garrett Morgan → What woman led more than 300 slaves to freedom through the Underground Railroad?
Provident Hospital in Chicago → Which President of the U.S. signed the Voting Rights Act in 1965?