5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mary McLeod Bethune
- Reverend Jesse Jackson
- John Roy Lunch at the 1884 Republican National Convention
- Douglas Jones
- Madame C.J. Walker
- a Who was the first African-American to preside over a national political convention and when?
- b What African-American, Greenville, S.C., founded P.U.S.H. and he ran for President of the U.S. in 1988, but (of course) lost?
- c Who became the first black woman millionaire and invented hair care products for black women?
- d Who was the first African-American to graduate from Wofford College?
- e What African-American educator from Maysville, S.C., founded Bethune-Cookman College (in Florida) and the National Council of Negro Women, Inc.?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What was the reason Ralph Bunche won the Nobel Peace Prize?
- Who was the first African-American pilot to fly for a commercial airline; what was the name of the airline?
- Where did the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. take place?
- Who invented the elevator?
- Who was the first woman to win three Olympic Gold Medals in track?
5 True/False Questions
April 4, 1968 → On what date was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
Tony Dungy of the Indianapolis Colts → Dr. Carter G. Woodson is known as holding what title?
Michelle Obama → Who is the first African-American President of the United States of America?
Maggie Lee Walker who founded the St. Luke Penny Savings Bank in Virginia → What does P.U.S.H. stand for?
Dr. Kirkland → Who invented the folding bed?