5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Granville T. Woods
- Jackie Robinson
- Arthur Mitchell, who founded the Dance Theatre of Harlem
- Leon Sullivan
- James Brown
- a Who was the first African-American to become a permanent member of a major ballet company?
- b Who invented the boiler furnace?
- c Who was the first African-American to serve on the Board of Directors of General Motors?
- d Who became the first black player in Major League BAseball in 1947?
- e Who is named the "Godfather of Soul"?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was responsible for more than 300 products created from the peanut, including soap and ink; 118 products from the sweet potato, including flour, shoe polish, and candy; 75 products from the pecan, and many other products from cotton, dyes, and wood shavings?
- Who was the first African-American to become Chairman and CEO of Fannie Mae and to lead a Fortune 500 company?
- On what date was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
- What was the reason Ralph Bunche won the Nobel Peace Prize?
- What two singing groups created the "Motown Sound"?
5 True/False questions
Daniel Hale Williams → Who invented the boiler furnace?
Rudolph Dawkins for Dawkins Middle School → Who was the first African-American educator that had a middle school named after him?
Berry Gordy, Jr. → Who is the founder of Motown Records in Detroit, Michigan?
Vanessa Williams → What African-American woman was the first to become a United States judge?
Stokely Carmichael → Who was the first to popularize the slogan, "Black Power"?