5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ethel Waters in the 1939 play "Mamba's Daughters"
- Bill Russell
- John H. Johnson
- Wynona Douglas
- President Lyndon B. Johnson
- a Who was the first Africa-American head coach in major league sports?
- b Who was the first African-American actress to star in a braodway play; what was the name of the play; in what year did she play the role?
- c Who was the first African-American female to integrate Spartanburg High School?
- d Who founded Ebony and Jet magazines?
- e Which President of the U.S. signed the Voting Rights Act in 1965?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Where did the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. take place?
- What African-American woman was the first to become a United States judge?
- What two singing groups created the "Motown Sound"?
- What African-American won an Academy Award for playing the role of Ray Charles in the movie, "Ray"?
- Who invented the mailbox?
5 True/False Questions
Jesse Owens → Who is the first person in history to win four gold medals in track and field at the Olympic Games in 1936?
W.H. Richardson → Who founded Ebony and Jet magazines?
Leon Sullivan → Who invented the incandescent light bulb in 1881?
Tony Fisher → What African-American woman was the first to become a United States judge?
Rudolph Dawkins for Dawkins Middle School → Who was the first African-American educator that had a middle school named after him?