5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dr. Frederick D. Patterson
- The help more blacks go to college
- Matthew A. Henson
- Charlotte Ray
- Charley Pride
- a Who is the founder of the United Negro College Fund?
- b Who was the first African-American Country Music Star?
- c Who was the first African-American man to reach the North Pole?
- d Who was the first African-American woman lawyer?
- e For what purpose was the United Negro College Fund founded?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the first Africa-American head coach in major league sports?
- Who invented the incandescent light bulb in 1881?
- Who is the only black woman to run for President of the U.S. (1972) and was re-elected for Congress six times?
- Who is the first African-American President of the United States of America?
- What doe CORE mean?
5 True/False questions
Maggie Lee Walker who founded the St. Luke Penny Savings Bank in Virginia → Who was the first African-American to become a permanent member of a major ballet company?
Wilt Chamberlain → What African-American led the Chicago Bulls to six National BAsketball Association championships?
Phylicia Rashad → Who was the first African-American woman to win a Tony Award for best leading actress?
Tyrone Gilmore → Who was the first African-American male to hold office of Superintendent of School District 7 in Spartanburg?
Stokely Carmichael → Who was the first to popularize the slogan, "Black Power"?