5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Phylicia Rashad
- April 4, 1968
- The March on Washington of 1963
- Maggie Lee Walker who founded the St. Luke Penny Savings Bank in Virginia
- Lorraine Hansberry and the play was "Raisin in the Sun"
- a Who was the first African-American woman to win a Tony Award for best leading actress?
- b Who was the first black woman bank president; what was the name of the bank she founded; where was the bank located?
- c What was the largest civil rights protest in America?
- d What African-American woman was the first to write a broadway play?
- e On what date was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who invented the elevator?
- Who is the first African-American to discover a method to store blood and who made blood banks more effective?
- Who was the first African-American female to integrate Spartanburg High School?
- Who invented the shoe making machine?
- Who was the first to popularize the slogan, "Black Power"?
5 True/False questions
Tony Fisher → Who was the first African-American to become police chief of Spartanburg?
Henry O. Tanner → Who was the first African-American painter to gain international fame?
Wilberforce University → Who was the first African-American to walk in space?
Dr. Benjamin Carson → Who was the first African-American woman astronaut?
John Standard → What African-American woman made history when she refused to give up her seat on a bus to a white man?