a three-pronged instrument or weapon.
1. a series or group of three plays, novels, operas, etc., that, although individually complete, are closely related in theme, sequence, or the like.
2. (in ancient Greek drama) a series of three complete and usually related tragedies performed at the festival of Dionysus and forming a tetralogy with the satyr play.
3. a group of three related things.
1. 40 years of age.
2. between the ages of 40 and 50.
1. a polygon having five angles and five sides.
2. the Pentagon,
a. a building in Arlington, Virginia, having a plan in the form of a regular pentagon, containing most U.S. Defense Department offices.
b. the U.S. Department of Defense; the U.S. military establishment.
1. any group or combination of five, especially of the same kind.
2. quintuplets, five children or offspring born of one pregnancy.
1.any crustacean of the order Decapoda, having five pairs of walking legs, including the crabs, lobsters, crayfish, prawns, and shrimps.
2. any dibranchiate cephalopod having ten arms, as the cuttlefish or squid.
1. a period of 100 years.
2. one of the successive periods of 100 years reckoned forward or backward from a recognized chronological epoch, especially from the assumed date of the birth of Jesus.
any of numerous predaceous, chiefly nocturnal arthropods constituting the class Chilopoda, having an elongated, flattened body composed of from 15 to 173 segments, each with a pair of legs, the first pair being modified into poison fangs.
having four sides
a five-pointed, star-shaped figure made by extending the sides of a regular pentagon until they meet, used as an occult symbol by the Pythagoreans and later philosophers, by magicians, etc.
1. occurring every four years.
2. of or lasting for four years.
1. to destroy a great number or proportion of: The population was decimated by a plague.
2. to select by lot and kill every tenth person of.
1. ( lowercase ) a group of three; triad.
2. ( lowercase ) the state of being threefold or triple.