5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Declaration of Independence
- Tea Act fo 1773
- Order of Prime Ministers
- The Boston Massacre
- Result and important people
- a 5 people are dead, 6 are injured, and Paul Revere quickly calls it a massacre. Hugh Montgomery: fired first Captain Preston: captain of the soldiers
- b June 7th of 1776, Richard Henry Lee of VA proposed a resolution for Independence(3 prong resolution) and it was accepted.
- c William Pitt, George Grenville, William Pitt, Charles Townshend, and Lord North
- d Ajn act that was passed to save the British East India co., allowed E I co. freedom from paying import tax and this allowed them to charge the lowest possible prices while stillgetting money from the tax. People, though, protested the act by not buying the tea and were also afraid that other companies would get privledges as well. The Daughters of Liberty boycotted English Tea and also held sewing parties when wool was taxed.
- e Partrol soldier starts getting heckled by a colonists and soldier hits him, then all these people come out of bars and pubs and it becomes an angry mob, soldier calls for back up, but mob corners all the 9 soldiers there. One soldier is hit with a stick, Hugh Montgomery, and he fires first, the rest fire to after maybe hearing fire from the crowd.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Meeting of 56 delagates to discuss their grievances about the Coercive and Quebec Acts and wether or not they're going to break from england, some do and some don't.
- Taxed foriegn sugar, mollases, and several other things
- John Adams, Ben Franklin, Robert Livingston, Roger Sherman, and Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Jefferson was the writer of the declaration
- placed an import tax on commonly used things such as tea, glass, lead, and dyes for paint.
- Petition passed by 2nd continental congress pledging its loyalty to england and asking for a peaceful end to the conflict. King George the III rejects it and orders British ships to blockade all shipping to the colonies.
5 True/False Questions
New leaders in Great Britian? → King George the III and New prime Minister George Grenville, who instituted new taxes. George the III wasn"t just immature but had a rare disease in which he would have periods of insanity.
Stamp Act of 1765 → Taxed foriegn sugar, mollases, and several other things
Pontiac's Rebellion:what was it and what were the causes, turn out? → He got it from John Locke, you only have a right to rule if you have the consent of the people. Some basic priciples of it was " the right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
Quartering Act 1765 → Repeals the Stamp Act and gives parlament full power to make laws over the colonies.
Writs of Assistance → Special warrants used to enforce the townshend Acts and were special because you din't need to state what your looking for.