5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Long Yan Rou (Longan Arillus)
- Shen Di Huang (Rehmanniae Radix)
- Heart Liver Spleen
- a This organ Stores the Blood.
- b The 3 main organs for making Blood and Disorders of Blood are the: _______ ________ and ________.
- c Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.
- d Looks like Raisins. Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart and Spleen. Tonifies and augments the heart and spleen, nourishes the blood, calms the spirit (insomnia). Treats excessive worry and overwork.
- e This organ Governs the Blood.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Clears Heat at the Blood Level. Acrid, bitter and cool. Enters the Heart, Liver and Kidney. Clears Yin deficiency fire (steaming bone) and profuse menses due to heat. Can be used topically for firm, non-draining sores. Good for Liver Fire. Avoid using with Garlic (too hot) and conteracts Tu Sizi, Da Huang and Bei Mu.
- Mulberry fruit spikes. Tonifies the Blood and enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Enriches the yin and moistens the intestines. Treats dizziness, tinnitus, insomnia and pre-mature greying of hair. Good for elderly with constipation because it is gentle.
- Blood nourishes the organs which produce the ______/
- Qi is the Commander of _________.
- This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
5 True/False questions
Qi → This organ Stores the Blood.
Chuan Xiong (Chuanxiong Rhizoma) → Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.
Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis Radix) → Sweet, acrid bitter and warm. Enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Tonifies Blood and regulates the Menses. Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold. Moistens the intestines & unblocks the bowels. Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and reduces pain. Treats coughs. Dose 3 - 15 grams.
Deficiency stasis heat → This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
Blood → Qi engenders and moves the _______.