5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- E Jiao (Asini Corii Colla)
- Tao Ren (persicae Semen)
- a This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
- b Qi contains the _________.
- c Blood is the Mother of _____.
- d Sweet and Neutral, enters the Kidney, Liver and Lung. Nourishes the blood and stops bleeding, nourishes and moistens the Yin (with irritability, insomnia, Lung deficiency with coughing of Blood). Add at the end of the formula. Contraindicated in exterior disorders because it is cloying.
- e Peach Kernel. Bitter, Sweet and Neutral, enters the Heart, Large Intestine, Liver and Lungss. Breaks up Blood stasis and moistens the intestines to move the stool. Treats fibroids and endometriosis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
- This organ Governs the Blood.
- Mulberry fruit spikes. Tonifies the Blood and enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Enriches the yin and moistens the intestines. Treats dizziness, tinnitus, insomnia and pre-mature greying of hair. Good for elderly with constipation because it is gentle.
- Looks like Raisins. Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart and Spleen. Tonifies and augments the heart and spleen, nourishes the blood, calms the spirit (insomnia). Treats excessive worry and overwork.
- Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
5 True/False questions
Shen Di Huang (Rehmanniae Radix) → Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
Blood → Blood is the Mother of _____.
Deficiency stasis heat → The 3 pathologies of Blood are:__________, _________ and _______.
Ji Xue Teng (Spatholobi Caulis) → Chicken Blood Vine. Bitter, sweet and warm, it enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Invigorates the channels and relaxes the sinews. Good for treating Bi-syndrome, arthritis when people are blood deficient. Treats the elderly for numbness and weakness of the extremities, paralysis, wind stroke and vertigo.
Blood → This organ Stores the Blood.