5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gou Zi Zi (Lycii Fructus)
- Ji Xue Teng (Spatholobi Caulis)
- E Jiao (Asini Corii Colla)
- a Sweet and neutral, enters the Liver, Lungs and Kidney. Benefits the essence (good for male fertility) and brightens the eyes. Symptoms include sore back and legs, dizziness, blurred vision. Goji Berries.
- b Blood is the Mother of _____.
- c Sweet and Neutral, enters the Kidney, Liver and Lung. Nourishes the blood and stops bleeding, nourishes and moistens the Yin (with irritability, insomnia, Lung deficiency with coughing of Blood). Add at the end of the formula. Contraindicated in exterior disorders because it is cloying.
- d This organ Stores the Blood.
- e Chicken Blood Vine. Bitter, sweet and warm, it enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Invigorates the channels and relaxes the sinews. Good for treating Bi-syndrome, arthritis when people are blood deficient. Treats the elderly for numbness and weakness of the extremities, paralysis, wind stroke and vertigo.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
- Looks like Raisins. Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart and Spleen. Tonifies and augments the heart and spleen, nourishes the blood, calms the spirit (insomnia). Treats excessive worry and overwork.
- Blood is ______, while Qi is _______.
- Peach Kernel. Bitter, Sweet and Neutral, enters the Heart, Large Intestine, Liver and Lungss. Breaks up Blood stasis and moistens the intestines to move the stool. Treats fibroids and endometriosis.
- Clears Heat at the Blood Level. Acrid, bitter and cool. Enters the Heart, Liver and Kidney. Clears Yin deficiency fire (steaming bone) and profuse menses due to heat. Can be used topically for firm, non-draining sores. Good for Liver Fire. Avoid using with Garlic (too hot) and conteracts Tu Sizi, Da Huang and Bei Mu.
5 True/False questions
Deficiency stasis heat → This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
Qi → This organ Stores the Blood.
Hong Hua (Carthami Flos) → Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
Blood → Qi is the Commander of _________.
Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis Radix) → Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.