5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- E Jiao (Asini Corii Colla)
- Bai Shao (Paeoniae Radix alba)
- a Bitter, Sour and cool. Enters the Liver and Spleen. Astringent, add Gui Zhi (Release the Exterior) for Wei Qi deficiency. Can be dry fried (Chao) to help nourish the Blood. Nourishes the blood and regulates the menses. Calms and curbs Liver Yang and alleviates pain. Preserves Yin (astringent and sour) and adjusts the nutritive and protective levels (Wei Qi and Ying Qi).
- b Blood nourishes the organs which produce the ______/
- c Sweet and Neutral, enters the Kidney, Liver and Lung. Nourishes the blood and stops bleeding, nourishes and moistens the Yin (with irritability, insomnia, Lung deficiency with coughing of Blood). Add at the end of the formula. Contraindicated in exterior disorders because it is cloying.
- d Qi engenders and moves the _______.
- e This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
5 Multiple choice questions
- Blood follows the ____.
- Qi contains the _________.
- Blood is ______, while Qi is _______.
- Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
- Looks like Raisins. Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart and Spleen. Tonifies and augments the heart and spleen, nourishes the blood, calms the spirit (insomnia). Treats excessive worry and overwork.
5 True/False questions
Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis Radix) → Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.
Heart → This organ Governs the Blood.
Ji Xue Teng (Spatholobi Caulis) → Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
Qi → This organ Stores the Blood.
Heart Liver Spleen → This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.