5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Shen Di Huang (Rehmanniae Radix)
- Deficiency stasis heat
- Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis Radix)
- a The 3 pathologies of Blood are:__________, _________ and _______.
- b This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
- c Qi contains the _________.
- d Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.
- e Sweet, acrid bitter and warm. Enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Tonifies Blood and regulates the Menses. Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold. Moistens the intestines & unblocks the bowels. Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and reduces pain. Treats coughs. Dose 3 - 15 grams.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Blood is the Mother of _____.
- This organ Governs the Blood.
- Peach Kernel. Bitter, Sweet and Neutral, enters the Heart, Large Intestine, Liver and Lungss. Breaks up Blood stasis and moistens the intestines to move the stool. Treats fibroids and endometriosis.
- Qi is the Commander of _________.
- This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
5 True/False questions
Heart Liver Spleen → This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
Long Yan Rou (Longan Arillus) → Mulberry fruit spikes. Tonifies the Blood and enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Enriches the yin and moistens the intestines. Treats dizziness, tinnitus, insomnia and pre-mature greying of hair. Good for elderly with constipation because it is gentle.
Chuan Xiong (Chuanxiong Rhizoma) → Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.
Mu Dan Pi (Bark of Peony Root) → Clears Heat at the Blood Level. Acrid, bitter and cool. Enters the Heart, Liver and Kidney. Clears Yin deficiency fire (steaming bone) and profuse menses due to heat. Can be used topically for firm, non-draining sores. Good for Liver Fire. Avoid using with Garlic (too hot) and conteracts Tu Sizi, Da Huang and Bei Mu.
E Jiao (Asini Corii Colla) → Sweet and Neutral, enters the Kidney, Liver and Lung. Nourishes the blood and stops bleeding, nourishes and moistens the Yin (with irritability, insomnia, Lung deficiency with coughing of Blood). Add at the end of the formula. Contraindicated in exterior disorders because it is cloying.