5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Gou Zi Zi (Lycii Fructus)
- Hong Hua (Carthami Flos)
- Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis Radix)
- a Sweet, acrid bitter and warm. Enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Tonifies Blood and regulates the Menses. Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold. Moistens the intestines & unblocks the bowels. Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and reduces pain. Treats coughs. Dose 3 - 15 grams.
- b Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
- c Qi is the Commander of _________.
- d This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
- e Sweet and neutral, enters the Liver, Lungs and Kidney. Benefits the essence (good for male fertility) and brightens the eyes. Symptoms include sore back and legs, dizziness, blurred vision. Goji Berries.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- King Herb for invigorating Blood. Pungent and warm, enters the Liver, Gall Bladder and Pericardium. Promotes movement of Qi and expels wind, alleviates pain and treats headaches. Treats skin problems due to Wind.
- Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.
- Blood nourishes the organs which produce the ______/
- Bitter, Sour and cool. Enters the Liver and Spleen. Astringent, add Gui Zhi (Release the Exterior) for Wei Qi deficiency. Can be dry fried (Chao) to help nourish the Blood. Nourishes the blood and regulates the menses. Calms and curbs Liver Yang and alleviates pain. Preserves Yin (astringent and sour) and adjusts the nutritive and protective levels (Wei Qi and Ying Qi).
- This organ Governs the Blood.
5 True/False Questions
Qi → Blood is the Mother of _____.
Long Yan Rou (Longan Arillus) → Mulberry fruit spikes. Tonifies the Blood and enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Enriches the yin and moistens the intestines. Treats dizziness, tinnitus, insomnia and pre-mature greying of hair. Good for elderly with constipation because it is gentle.
Deficiency stasis heat → The 3 pathologies of Blood are:__________, _________ and _______.
Ji Xue Teng (Spatholobi Caulis) → Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
Blood → This organ Stores the Blood.