5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chuan Xiong (Chuanxiong Rhizoma)
- Heart Liver Spleen
- Long Yan Rou (Longan Arillus)
- Mu Dan Pi (Bark of Peony Root)
- a Clears Heat at the Blood Level. Acrid, bitter and cool. Enters the Heart, Liver and Kidney. Clears Yin deficiency fire (steaming bone) and profuse menses due to heat. Can be used topically for firm, non-draining sores. Good for Liver Fire. Avoid using with Garlic (too hot) and conteracts Tu Sizi, Da Huang and Bei Mu.
- b King Herb for invigorating Blood. Pungent and warm, enters the Liver, Gall Bladder and Pericardium. Promotes movement of Qi and expels wind, alleviates pain and treats headaches. Treats skin problems due to Wind.
- c Blood is the Mother of _____.
- d The 3 main organs for making Blood and Disorders of Blood are the: _______ ________ and ________.
- e Looks like Raisins. Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart and Spleen. Tonifies and augments the heart and spleen, nourishes the blood, calms the spirit (insomnia). Treats excessive worry and overwork.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
- Blood nourishes the organs which produce the ______/
- Sweet and neutral, enters the Liver, Lungs and Kidney. Benefits the essence (good for male fertility) and brightens the eyes. Symptoms include sore back and legs, dizziness, blurred vision. Goji Berries.
- This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
- Bitter, Sour and cool. Enters the Liver and Spleen. Astringent, add Gui Zhi (Release the Exterior) for Wei Qi deficiency. Can be dry fried (Chao) to help nourish the Blood. Nourishes the blood and regulates the menses. Calms and curbs Liver Yang and alleviates pain. Preserves Yin (astringent and sour) and adjusts the nutritive and protective levels (Wei Qi and Ying Qi).
5 True/False questions
Deficiency stasis heat → This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
Qi → Blood follows the ____.
Ji Xue Teng (Spatholobi Caulis) → Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
Shen Di Huang (Rehmanniae Radix) → Sweet, acrid bitter and warm. Enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Tonifies Blood and regulates the Menses. Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold. Moistens the intestines & unblocks the bowels. Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and reduces pain. Treats coughs. Dose 3 - 15 grams.
Tao Ren (persicae Semen) → Mulberry fruit spikes. Tonifies the Blood and enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Enriches the yin and moistens the intestines. Treats dizziness, tinnitus, insomnia and pre-mature greying of hair. Good for elderly with constipation because it is gentle.