5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chuan Xiong (Chuanxiong Rhizoma)
- Ji Xue Teng (Spatholobi Caulis)
- a This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
- b Qi contains the _________.
- c Chicken Blood Vine. Bitter, sweet and warm, it enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Invigorates the channels and relaxes the sinews. Good for treating Bi-syndrome, arthritis when people are blood deficient. Treats the elderly for numbness and weakness of the extremities, paralysis, wind stroke and vertigo.
- d Blood follows the ____.
- e King Herb for invigorating Blood. Pungent and warm, enters the Liver, Gall Bladder and Pericardium. Promotes movement of Qi and expels wind, alleviates pain and treats headaches. Treats skin problems due to Wind.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Qi is the Commander of _________.
- Sweet, acrid bitter and warm. Enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Tonifies Blood and regulates the Menses. Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold. Moistens the intestines & unblocks the bowels. Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and reduces pain. Treats coughs. Dose 3 - 15 grams.
- Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
- Blood is ______, while Qi is _______.
- Blood is the Mother of _____.
5 True/False questions
Long Yan Rou (Longan Arillus) → Looks like Raisins. Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart and Spleen. Tonifies and augments the heart and spleen, nourishes the blood, calms the spirit (insomnia). Treats excessive worry and overwork.
Heart → This organ Governs the Blood.
Liver → This organ Stores the Blood.
Deficiency stasis heat → The 3 pathologies of Blood are:__________, _________ and _______.
Heart Liver Spleen → The 3 main organs for making Blood and Disorders of Blood are the: _______ ________ and ________.