← Weiver llaf Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Identify Teddy Roosevelt's "Big Stick" Diplomacy.
- Where did most Asian immigrants enter the U.S.?
- True/False: During the Prohibition Era, organized criminal activity decreased.
- True/False: The rise of cheap popular magazines aided progressivism by promoting the work of muckrakers.
- Identify the 17th Amendment.
- a false
- b Provided for the direct election of U.S. Senators by the people
- c True
- d Angel Island
- e Foreign policy plan that used the threat of military force to support Roosevelt's negotiations with other countries
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Broke of diplomatic relations with Germany
- To help pay off their war debts
- They helped them get jobs and housing in exchange for votes
5 True/False Questions
Identify the 16th Amendment. → Established the federal income tax
What theory applied the idea of survival of the fittest to the field of economics and society? → Social Darwinism
Name the founder of the Hull House in Chicago. → The first 10 amendments to the Constitution
Which three-day battle resulted in approximately 50,000 casualties and inspired a famous speech by Abraham Lincoln? → Gettysburg
Define scab. → scab- workers hired to replace striking employees