← Untitled Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Men are more romantic than women, why
- Love is....
- According to her, love consists of four factors.
- Japanese woodblock print "Reflected Moonlight"
- a overly positive and obscured view of another when we think we love them but don't even know them.
- b 1. Care 2. Responsibility 3. Respect 4. Knowledge
- c they fall in love sooner, cling more, get depressed for longer. Females more likely to end a relationship
- d valuing based on knowledge
- e anguish over lord
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- sexual infidelity - ****ing some dude
- that they have similar areas on triangle covered -
- only possible between men
- 1.ONLY INTIMACY ----liking. Only commitment ----empty love Only passion -----infatuation
- infatuation through sexual attraction
5 True/False Questions
Sternberg triangle model combos → there are three parts to love- intimacy, passion, commitment. Consummate is all three.
Which period developed new expectations of love → victorian period. couples must fulfill each other's and children's needs
Major change in view of love → in victorian era, novels and poems about it, major shift from COMMUNAL LIVING TO LIFE AS A COUPLE
Leslie Smith's biological theory of love → We love for purpose of sticking together and raising children. Brain lights up when we see people we love vs. those we do not love. We have 3 brain systems in mating and reproduction - 1. Lust - sex drive and libido to get us looking for mate 2. Romantic love obsessive thinking of someone 3. Attachment - security with that person. Men who have this live longer happier lives.
4 theories of love → only possible between men