5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Blood Vessel Permeability
- Necessary components in Metabolism
- Blood Vessel Dysfunction
- a overly permeable "leaky"
- b smallest veins that connect to capillaries
- c - loss of tone
- d O2, H2O, Glucose
- e converts glucose to energy (ATP) or adenosine triphosphate (metabolism)
5 Multiple choice questions
- function of systemic vascular resistance. How much pressure heart has to pump against in order to force blood into system. Greater Pressure = decreased SV.
- ability to effectively transfer fluids .
- inability of body to adequately circulate blood to body's cells to supple them with oxygen and nutrients = shock.
cells hypoxic / anaerobic metabolism
- Glucose metabolized into energy without oxygen. Inefficient amount with many waste products (CO2 and lactic acid) makes blood more acidic.
- how much blood returned to the heart prior to contraction. greater filling = greater SV
5 True/False questions
Heart Dysfunction → - mechanical
Mechanical Nervous System Dysfunction → Strokes
lou gehrigs / MC
Endocrine Dysfunction → - organ/gland problems
- too many hormones
- not enough hormones
medulla oblongata → passive process - muscles relax, chest contract, + pressure pushes air out.
Sympathetic → Relax or dilate blood vessels