5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fluid Loss Disruption of Fluid Balance
- break down of water in body
- Endocrine Dysfunction
- Blood vessel loss of tone
- a dehydration - decrease in total amount of water in body.
- b - intracellular 70% (inside cells)
- intravascular 5% (in blood)
- interstitial 25% (btwn cells and blood vessels)
- c - organ/gland problems
- too many hormones
- not enough hormones
- d Force of contraction - how hard heart squeezes. More force = greater SV
- e can't control diameter - internal pressure drops
brain/ spinal cord/ systemic infection/ allergic rxn.
5 Multiple choice questions
- simple sugar converted from foods to energy or ATP
- detect level of internal pressure and transmits messages to nervous system. in blood vessels.
- - loss of tone
- contains DNA
- transports oxygen and carbon dioxide
5 True/False questions
Blood Dysfunction → - volume - don't have enough to move O2/CO2
- anemia - decrease in number of RBC and decrease ability to carry O2
- liver failure - retain water protein
Immune System → inability of body to adequately circulate blood to body's cells to supple them with oxygen and nutrients = shock.
cells hypoxic / anaerobic metabolism
Stroke Volume → volume of air moved in one cycle of breathing
Fluid distribution Disruption of Fluid Balance → diseases and edema
Exhalation → active process - diaphragm contracts, muscles expand, negative pressure in lungs pulls air through trachea.