5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are proteins composed of/ made of?
- What types of cells undergo Meiosis?
- a Proteins are made of enzymes.
- b a pair of chromosomes
- c Sex Cells
- d a structure in the nucleus that contains hereditary material
The chromosomes have separated.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a process by which haploid sex cells are produced; during this cycle, two divisions of the nucleus occurs producing 4 haploid sex cells
- process by which haploid sex cells are produced
- The two cells formed during Meiosis I now begin Meiosis II. The 2 cells split again and form haploid cells, so there is now 4 haploid sex cells. Prophase II = the duplicated chromosomes and spindle fibers reappear in each new cell; Metaphase II = the 2 cells have chromosomes that line up in the center & 2 splindle fibers attach to each centromere; Anaphase II = the 2 chromatids divide and move to opposite sides of the cell (chromatids split); Telophase II = spindle fibers disappear, and a nuclear membrane forms and cytoplasm divides.
- the process in which the nucleus divides to form two identical nuclei
1st stage of mitosis; the chromatid pairs are now visible and the spindle is beginning to form.
5 True/False Questions
gene → a section of DNA (on a chromosome) where instructions for making specific proteins are found
diploid → describes cells that have pairs of chromosomes; these are body cells
regenerationn → the growing of a lost or damaged body part. Starfish can do this.
How can a mutation affect the health of an organism? → A mutation can cause an organism to have a defect that it otherwise wouldn't have, or develop cancer or another disease.
If a cell has 46 pairs of chromosomes, what is the haploid number of the cell? → The DNA is in the nucleus.