← TTTC VOCAB 12/1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a external appearance of a clearly defined area, as distinguished from color or material; configuration:
- b a highly incendiary jellylike substance used in fire bombs, flamethrowers, etc.
- c an apparatus consisting of a rotating wheel so mounted that its axis can turn freely in certain or all directions, and capable of maintaining the same absolute direction in space in spite of movements of the mountings and surrounding parts: used to maintain equilibrium, determine direction, etc.
- d a takeoff and landing area for helicopters, usually without commercial facilities.
- e sexual gratification gained through causing pain or degradation to others.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to form (a material or abstract entity) by combining parts or elements
- any device for arresting bleeding by forcibly compressing a blood vessel, as a bandage tightened by twisting.
- a two-dimensional representation of the outline of an object, as a cutout or configurational drawing, uniformly filled in with black, esp. a black-paper, miniature cutout of the outlines of a famous person's face.
- pretended; sham; counterfeit: feigned enthusiasm.
- a colorless, toxic, potentially carcinogenic, water-soluble gas, CH2O, having a suffocating odor, usually derived from methyl alcohol by oxidation: used chiefly in aqueous solution, as a disinfectant and preservative, and in the manufacture of various resins and plastics.
5 True/False Questions
Reticence → rightness of principle or conduct; moral virtue: the rectitude of her motives.
MIA → Missing in Action
Foxhole → a small pit, usually for one or two soldiers, dug as a shelter in a battle area.
Erotic → conformity with fact or reality; verity
Endeavor → boldness or determination in facing great danger, esp. in battle; heroic courage; bravery: a medal for valor.