5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Church of St. Michael at Hildesheim, Germany, built in the Ottonian period (1001-1031), has square bays and its walls are blank and massive. This is due to its ____.
- Suzanne Valadon's Adam and Eve subverts ____.
- Many of the artist Chuck Close's unidealized portraits, such as Self Portrait/Conte Crayon, are based on a ____, which produces blurry photographic likenesses.
- Originally a derisive term, ____ uses mass produced, light, easily handled cuts of wood and metal nails for the assembly of millions of homes and small buildings on site.
- Referring to sculptures such as ____, art critic Robert Hughes said such works were "everything that statues had not been: not monolithic, but open, not cast or carved, but assembled from flat planes."
- a grid transfer method
- b barrel vaulting
- c balloon framing
- d Traditional negative Christian views of women
- e Picasso's Mandolin and Clarinet
5 Multiple choice questions
- dry mortar
- carefully modeled and 3 dimmensional
- woodcut, below
- variety within unity
5 True/False questions
With a drawing, the quality of line and the nature of shading are very much affected by the ____ of the support. → texture
A triangular glass solid that breaks down sunlight or white light into different colors is called a(n) ____. → prism
Light sculptor Dan Flavin primarily designs using ____. → it is a painstaking and time consuming procedure
Which of the following statements about the patriarchal figure in Viola Frey's Family Portrait does not indicate his influential status within the family? → Toys can be seen in the composition
In the lost wax process, molten metal is poured into a fire-resistant mold known as a(n) ____. → supermodel icon