5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pen and ink are used to create drawings, such as Jean Dubuffet's Garden, that are essentially ____.
- When you look at a(n) ____ painting, your eyes are manipulated to see rippling movement and afterimages.
- ____ artists are masters of the brush-and-ink medium. They have used it for centuries for all types of ____.
- William Wegman's Blue Period is a canine spoof on ____.
- Salvador Dalí and Luis Buñuel's 1928 surrealistic film Un Chien Andalou was intended by the creators to ____.
- a evoke instinctive reactions of repulsion and attraction
- b Op Art
- c Picasso's Old Guitarist
- d Japanese, calligraphy
- e linear
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- curvilinear shapes and lines
- approximate symmetry
- mosaic serpent by Gaudi
- color reversal
5 True/False Questions
Dr. Seuss, famous for his children's books, worked for a New York tabloid newspaper as chief editorial cartoonist during ____. → WWII
____ are constructed by placing barrel vaults at right angles to cover a square space known as a ____. → groin vaults, bay
Wood has more tensile strength than stone, meaning that it can be ____ more. → imply movement and directionality
Mezzotint is rarely used because ____. → it is a painstaking and time consuming procedure
Goldsworthy's Storm King Wall snakes through fields and around trees, ____ and reappears to continue along the landscape. → dips into a pond