5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When you look at a(n) ____ painting, your eyes are manipulated to see rippling movement and afterimages.
- In both the camera and the ____, light enters a narrow opening and is projected onto a photosensitive surface.
- The message or meaning in Helen Frankenthaler's amorphous abstract Bay Side seems to lie primarily in its ____.
- In the lost wax process, molten metal is poured into a fire-resistant mold known as a(n) ____.
- In creating his Christ Crucified between Two Thieves, Rembrandt used a drypoint needle in order to create ____.
- a human eye
- b investiture
- c color
- d soft velvety lines
- e Op Art
5 Multiple choice questions
- weight shift
- claustrophobic and compressed
- Picasso's Mandolin and Clarinet
- United States Civil War, whatsit
- woodcut, below
5 True/False questions
Michelangelo's Studies for the Libyan Sybil is a good example of a drawing that was meant to be used ____. → fantasy
Pen and ink are used to create drawings, such as Jean Dubuffet's Garden, that are essentially ____. → linear
In its original meaning, a ____ was a full-scale preliminary drawing executed on paper for projects such as frescoes, stained glass, oil paintings, or tapestries. → cartoon
In his famous 1907 photograph, Alfred Stieglitz captures the juxtaposition of the upper and lower classes on board the Kaiser Wilhelm II ship. This photograph is titled ____. → Japanese kimono
Andy Goldsworthy's Ice Star was produced using ____. → imply movement and directionality