5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The ancient Greeks developed the concept of the ____ because they believed that it created ideal proportions in architecture.
- Which of the following statements about the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is not correct?
- In La Source, Prud'hon's nude figure is ____.
- The original idea for reinforced concrete began in the 1860s with Jacques Monier, who proposed strengthening concrete ____ with wire mesh.
- Marc Chagall's self-portrait I and the Village can best be described as a depiction of ____.
- a Golden Mean
- b flower pots
- c There is a large label indicating who is being memorialized
- d fantasy
- e carefully modeled and 3 dimmensional
5 Multiple choice questions
- mosaic serpent by Gaudi
- patchwork quilt
- Op Art
5 True/False questions
Broadly defined, ____ is the art of running an implement that leaves a mark over a surface. → drawing
One of the most beloved public sculptures in America is Emma Stebbins' Angel of the Waters, located ____. → New York's Central Park
Salvador Dalí and Luis Buñuel's 1928 surrealistic film Un Chien Andalou was intended by the creators to ____. → evoke instinctive reactions of repulsion and attraction
The device of ____ to create unity is reflected in the ages of the youth, their ethnicity, and their suggested bond of friendship in Delilah Montoya's Los Jovenes (Youth). → post and lintel
Chinese artist Wang Guangyi's Great Criticism: Coca-Cola is a ____ that resembles a commercially produced propaganda poster. → Picasso's Old Guitarist