5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The use of space and atmosphere in Max Beckmann's The Dream could be best described as ____.
- With a drawing, the quality of line and the nature of shading are very much affected by the ____ of the support.
- The classical Greek sculptor Polykleitos was the first known artist to apply the principle of ____ in order to achieve overall naturalistic balance in the human body's stance.
- Honoré Daumier's pen and ink drawing, Counsel for the Defense(the Advocate), is a caricatured illustration of ____.
- Light against dark or dark against light create visual differences in ____.
- a weight shift
- b pompous superficial lawyers
- c texture
- d claustrophobic and compressed
- e value
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- bone dust or chalk mixed with gum, water, and pigment
- rapid sketches and preparatory studies
- conceptual unity
- medium of turpentine
5 True/False Questions
____, in which parallel lines converge at one or more vantage points on the horizon to create the illusion of depth, was highly refined by ____ artists. → Linear perspective, Renaissance
Picasso protested the horror and brutality of the Spanish civil war in his 1937 masterpiece painting known as ____. → Guernica
Serigraphy, or silkscreen, was first developed for use as a(n) ____ medium, a fitting medium because Pop artist ____ used it to create Four Multi-colored Marilyns. → commercial, Andy Warhol
The first photographic process to leave a permanent image was invented in 1826 and known as ____. → a growing middle class
A(n) ____ magnifies faraway objects and collapses the spaces between ordinarily distant objects. → religious