5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Marco Polo
- Johannes Gutenberg
- a Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- b He invents a new way to print books.
- c Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- d One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
- e Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
- What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
5 True/False Questions
Incas, Aztecs, Turks → What people created empires?
larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs → What did France hope to gain with exploration?
Prince Henry the Navigator → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
Ponce de Leon → Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
Christoper Columbus → Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.