5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity
- European Explorers
- a What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
- b Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- c Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- d One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
- e Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What people created empires?
- What did France hope to gain with exploration?
- Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
- He invents a new way to print books.
- What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
5 True/False questions
new trade routes, build empire, goods to trade → What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
Treaty → What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
Ferdinand Magellan → Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.
Christoper Columbus → He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
Prince Henry the Navigator → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?