5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity
- Ponce de Leon
- larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs
- Incas, Aztecs, Turks
- a What did France hope to gain with exploration?
- b Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
- c What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
- d What people created empires?
- e Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- He invents a new way to print books.
- Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
- What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
5 True/False Questions
Turks → Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
Hernando DeSoto → Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
Indians → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
Treaty → What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
Ferdinand Magellan → Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.