5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- storms, starvation, sickness,
- Prince Henry the Navigator
- Hernando DeSoto
- Incas, Aztecs, Turks
- a What people created empires?
- b Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- c Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- d He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
- e What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.
- He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
- Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
- Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
5 True/False questions
Ahmad Ibn Majid → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
Marco Polo → Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
Everything Spain wanted plus gold and silver → What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
new trade routes, build empire, goods to trade → What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs → What did England hope to gain with expoloration?