5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity
- Marco Polo
- a Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
- b Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- c Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- d One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
- e What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.
- He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
- What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
- What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
5 True/False questions
larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs → What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
Christoper Columbus → He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
Ponce de Leon → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
European Explorers → He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
Treaty → What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters