5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- storms, starvation, sickness,
- Ahmad Ibn Majid
- Ferdinand Magellan
- larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs
- a One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
- b What did France hope to gain with exploration?
- c What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- d was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
- e Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
- Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
- Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
- What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
- What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
5 True/False Questions
Hernando DeSoto → Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
Johannes Gutenberg → He invents a new way to print books.
Turks → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
Indians → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
new trade routes, build empire, goods to trade → What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?