5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Incas, Aztecs, Turks
- expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity
- Hernando DeSoto
- storms, starvation, sickness,
- Johannes Gutenberg
- a He invents a new way to print books.
- b Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- c What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- d What people created empires?
- e What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
- Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- What did France hope to gain with exploration?
- He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
- What did Portugal hope to gain with exploration?
5 True/False questions
Marco Polo → Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
Ponce de Leon → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
Ferdinand Magellan → Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
European Explorers → Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
Turks → Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.