5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Henry Hudson
- a Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- b One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
- c Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
- d Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- e What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
- He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
- What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
- What did Portugal hope to gain with exploration?
- Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
5 True/False Questions
Hernando DeSoto → Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs → What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
Johannes Gutenberg → He invents a new way to print books.
To find trade routes like the Northwest Passage → What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
Marco Polo → Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?