5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prince Henry the Navigator
- Henry Hudson
- Everything Spain wanted plus gold and silver
- Ponce de Leon
- storms, starvation, sickness,
- a He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
- b Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
- c What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- d What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
- e Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
5 Multiple choice questions
- He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
- What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
- Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
- What people created empires?
5 True/False questions
European Explorers → He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
Motecuhzoma → Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs → What did France hope to gain with exploration?
Treaty → What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
To find trade routes like the Northwest Passage → What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?