5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Everything Spain wanted plus gold and silver
- Henry Hudson
- Hernando DeSoto
- Marco Polo
- a Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
- b Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- c Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- d Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- e What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did France hope to gain with exploration?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
- He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
- He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
- What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
5 True/False questions
Ponce de Leon → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
Incas, Aztecs, Turks → Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
Indians → Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
Johannes Gutenberg → He invents a new way to print books.
Ferdinand Magellan → Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.