5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the second electronegative element?
- Electron Transfer reactions
- How do you determine the volume of a solid?
- When does combination, synthesis, or formation reactions occur?
- What is the oxidation number of hydrogen when combined with metals?
- a -1
- b place solid into the liquid of a partially filled graduated cylinder until it is completely submerged
- c Oxygen
- d Oxidation-Reduction or Redox Reaction
- e when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Oxidation number
- Exothermic Reactions
- peroxides and superoxides
- Endothermic Reactions
5 True/False questions
What is the oxidation number of Gp VIIA elements in compound unless combined with a more negative element? → zero
uncombined form of one element displaces (and replaces) another element in a compound, forming a new compound → Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB
The oxidizing agent (recieves the electrons lost by the reducing agent) is another name for? → the oxidized species
reduced → Reactant gains electrons (becomes more negative)
What is the oxidation number of free elements? Ex. Ne, Br2, S8 → -1