5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- How do you determine the volume of a sample?
- What is the oxidation number of hydrogen when combined with metals?
- The reducing agent (provides electrons to the other species being reduced) is another name for?
- What is the second electronegative element?
- a Oxygen
- b -1
- c the oxidized species
- d Difference between mass of empty container and container plus sample
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- reactants are reduced
- +1 and +2
- Oxidation-Reduction or Redox Reaction
5 True/False Questions
What must the oxidation number for a chemical species equal? → The net charge on the species
the tendency of an atom in a bond to attract shared electrons → electronegativity
The following changes indicate what? Lose of electrons, compound increases in oxygen content, or compound decreases in hydrogen? → reactants are reduced
uncombined form of one element displaces (and replaces) another element in a compound, forming a new compound → Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB
When does combination, synthesis, or formation reactions occur? → when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.