5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What electronegative element, combined with any other element has an oxidation number of -1
- What is the menisus?
- What is the unit used to express the density of a solid?
- When combined with nonmetals, what is the oxidation number of Hydrogen?
- a +1
- b the curved liquid surface on a graduated cylinder
- c Reactant gains electrons (becomes more negative)
- d Fluorine
- e g/cm3
5 Multiple choice questions
- when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
- intensive properties
5 True/False questions
What must the oxidation number for a chemical species equal? → The net charge on the species
The ration of the mass of a substance to its volume (D=m/v) → Density
The oxidizing agent (recieves the electrons lost by the reducing agent) is another name for? → the reduced species
Reperesents the difference between the number of valence elctrons surround the atom in the species involved the the reaction and the number present inthe atom's uncombinded form → Oxidation number
What is the most electronegative element? → Fluorine