5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the oxidation number of Alkali (Gp 1A) and Alkaline Earth (Gp 2A) metals respectively?
- The reducing agent (provides electrons to the other species being reduced) is another name for?
- Reactions that absorb heat from their surroundings
- How do you determine the volume of a sample?
- Which bond will have a negative oxidation number while the other atom will have a positive oxidation number?
- a Endothermic Reactions
- b Difference between mass of empty container and container plus sample
- c the more electronegative atom
- d the oxidized species
- e +1 and +2
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Exothermic Reactions
- place solid into the liquid of a partially filled graduated cylinder until it is completely submerged
- Aluminum and gallium
5 True/False Questions
uncombined form of one element displaces (and replaces) another element in a compound, forming a new compound → Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB
reduced → Reactant gains electrons (becomes more negative)
The oxidizing agent (recieves the electrons lost by the reducing agent) is another name for? → the oxidized species
oxidized → One reactant loses electrons (becomes more positive))
When combined with nonmetals, what is the oxidation number of Hydrogen? → +1