5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the second electronegative element?
- Reperesents the difference between the number of valence elctrons surround the atom in the species involved the the reaction and the number present inthe atom's uncombinded form
- What must the oxidation number for a chemical species equal?
- What compound have the oxidation number of +3?
- What is the oxidation number of Gp VIIA elements in compound unless combined with a more negative element?
- a -1
- b Oxidation number
- c Oxygen
- d The net charge on the species
- e Aluminum and gallium
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- water or a gas
- peroxides and superoxides
5 True/False Questions
What is the oxidation number of Alkali (Gp 1A) and Alkaline Earth (Gp 2A) metals respectively? → +1 and +2
When does oxygen usually have a -2 charge? → Fluorine
What properties do NOT depend on the quantity? Ex. density and birth date → g/mL
When does combination, synthesis, or formation reactions occur? → when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
Reactions that absorb heat from their surroundings → Endothermic Reactions