5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What electronegative element, combined with any other element has an oxidation number of -1
- The following changes indicate what? Lose of electrons, compound increases in oxygen content, or compound decreases in hydrogen?
- How do you determine the volume of a solid?
- When does combination, synthesis, or formation reactions occur?
- a Fluorine
- b place solid into the liquid of a partially filled graduated cylinder until it is completely submerged
- c when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
- d Reactant gains electrons (becomes more negative)
- e reactants are oxidized
5 Multiple choice questions
- Oxidation-Reduction or Redox Reaction
- Aluminum and gallium
- when combined with other elements
5 True/False questions
When combined with nonmetals, what is the oxidation number of Hydrogen? → +1
What is the oxidation number of Gp VIIA elements in compound unless combined with a more negative element? → zero
ions from two different compounds change places to form two new compounds. → Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB
Reactions that absorb heat from their surroundings → Exothermic Reactions
What is the unit used to express the density of a solid? → g/mL