5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What properties do NOT depend on the quantity? Ex. density and birth date
- What are the exceptions for oxygens oxidation number not to be -2 but -1?
- What compound have the oxidation number of +3?
- When does combination, synthesis, or formation reactions occur?
- What is the most electronegative element?
- a Fluorine
- b Aluminum and gallium
- c intensive properties
- d when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
- e peroxides and superoxides
5 Multiple choice questions
- Single Displacement or Single Replacement Reactions Ex. A+BC=AC+B
- the curved liquid surface on a graduated cylinder
- Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB
5 True/False questions
Which bond will have a negative oxidation number while the other atom will have a positive oxidation number? → the more electronegative atom
What electronegative element, combined with any other element has an oxidation number of -1 → Aluminum and gallium
Reactions that releases heat to their surroundings → Exothermic Reactions
The reducing agent (provides electrons to the other species being reduced) is another name for? → the reduced species
How do you determine the volume of a solid? → Difference between mass of empty container and container plus sample