5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The oxidizing agent (recieves the electrons lost by the reducing agent) is another name for?
- The reducing agent (provides electrons to the other species being reduced) is another name for?
- a solid compound fromed from double displacement or double replacement reactions
- Which bond will have a negative oxidation number while the other atom will have a positive oxidation number?
- The following changes indicate what? Lose of electrons, compound increases in oxygen content, or compound decreases in hydrogen?
- a the more electronegative atom
- b Precipitate
- c the oxidized species
- d the reduced species
- e reactants are oxidized
5 Multiple choice questions
- intensive properties
- the curved liquid surface on a graduated cylinder
5 True/False questions
What is the oxidation number of free elements? Ex. Ne, Br2, S8 → The net charge on the species
What is the unit used to express the density of a liquid? → g/cm3
The ration of the mass of a substance to its volume (D=m/v) → Density
What are the exceptions for oxygens oxidation number not to be -2 but -1? → peroxides and superoxides
Are metals or nonmetals LESS electornegative? → Metals