5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the menisus?
- The reducing agent (provides electrons to the other species being reduced) is another name for?
- When does combination, synthesis, or formation reactions occur?
- What must the oxidation number for a chemical species equal?
- What is the most electronegative element?
- a the curved liquid surface on a graduated cylinder
- b The net charge on the species
- c when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
- d Fluorine
- e the oxidized species
5 Multiple choice questions
- intensive properties
- reactants are oxidized
- the more electronegative atom
5 True/False questions
What are the exceptions for oxygens oxidation number not to be -2 but -1? → Aluminum and gallium
Reactions that absorb heat from their surroundings → Exothermic Reactions
What is the unit used to express the density of a liquid? → g/mL
What is the second electronegative element? → Fluorine
uncombined form of one element displaces (and replaces) another element in a compound, forming a new compound → Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB