5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The following changes indicate what? Lose of electrons, compound increases in oxygen content, or compound decreases in hydrogen?
- What is the second electronegative element?
- a solid compound fromed from double displacement or double replacement reactions
- The following changes indicate what? Gain electrons, compound decreases in oxygen, or compound increases in hydrogen
- What is the oxidation number of free elements? Ex. Ne, Br2, S8
- a reactants are oxidized
- b reactants are reduced
- c zero
- d Oxygen
- e Precipitate
5 Multiple choice questions
- Aluminum and gallium
- when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
- extensive properties
- One reactant loses electrons (becomes more positive))
5 True/False questions
uncombined form of one element displaces (and replaces) another element in a compound, forming a new compound → Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB
What is the unit used to express the density of a liquid? → g/mL
In order to balance the net charge of an acid, what should be adde to the equation? → H+ ions and H2O
the tendency of an atom in a bond to attract shared electrons → electronegativity
When does oxygen usually have a -2 charge? → when combined with other elements