5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- When does oxygen usually have a -2 charge?
- How do you determine the volume of a solid?
- What is the menisus?
- a solid compound fromed from double displacement or double replacement reactions
- What is the unit used to express the density of a solid?
- a Precipitate
- b when combined with other elements
- c the curved liquid surface on a graduated cylinder
- d place solid into the liquid of a partially filled graduated cylinder until it is completely submerged
- e g/cm3
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- peroxides and superoxides
5 True/False Questions
What is the oxidation number of Gp VIIA elements in compound unless combined with a more negative element? → zero
oxidized → Reactant gains electrons (becomes more negative)
ions from two different compounds change places to form two new compounds. → Aluminum and gallium
uncombined form of one element displaces (and replaces) another element in a compound, forming a new compound → Single Displacement or Single Replacement Reactions Ex. A+BC=AC+B
the tendency of an atom in a bond to attract shared electrons → Oxidation-Reduction or Redox Reaction