5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Political Machine
- Congressional Campaign Committee
- Political Party
- Solidary Incentive
- a a party organization that recruits members by dispensing patronage
- b the social rewards that lead people to join or local or state political organizations. People who find politics fun and want to meet others who share their interests are said to respond to these kind of incentives.
- c a party committee in congress that provides funds to members and would-be members
- d Process that permits voters to put legislative measures directly on the ballot.
- e a group that seeks to elect candidates to public office
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a political party dominated by feelings of economic discontent.
- Periods when a major , lasting shift occurs in the popular coalition supporting one or both parties.
- the political support provided to a candidate on the basis of personal popularity and networks
- an electoral system in which the winner is the person who gets the most votes, even if he or she does not receive a majority; used in almost all American elections
- a meeting of party members to select delegates backing one or another primary candidate
5 True/False Questions
Winner-Take-All System → An element of the electoral system used in the United States which requires that only one member of the House of Representatives can be elected from each congressional district.
Special Interest Caucus → A group within a political party united by a concern over a specific cause
Mugwump (or Progressive) → An electoral system with two dominant parties that compete in state or national elections. Third parties have little chance of winning.
Two Party System → an electoral system in which the winner is the person who gets the most votes, even if he or she does not receive a majority; used in almost all American elections
National Chairman → day-to-day party manager elected by the national committee