5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- John Wycliffe
- Charles Augustus
- a doctrine that bread and wine become body & blood of Jesus in the hands of the Eucharist
- b first great Frankish military and political leader
- c series of provinces
- d Charlemagne's title as emperor
- e gave the English people the Bible in their own tongue by translating it from Latin to English
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Henry the Fowler became...?
- Duke of Saxony, elected to act as king of Germany
- Charles Martel's son who became Mayor of the Palace and followed his father as a strong leader
- Pepin's son; name means "Charles the Great"
- line of kings begun with Henry the Fowler
5 True/False Questions
Benedict → an Italian monk who founded a monastery at Monte Cassino in southern Italy
Electors → Greek for "servant"
Charles the Bald → most famous Mayor of the Palace
Christmas Day 800 → an area along the northern coast of France
excommunicated → cut off from the church