5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Otto the Great
- Louis the German
- a deceased Christians officially recognized by the church as holy
- b location of Denmark, Sweden, and Norway
- c Pepin's son; name means "Charles the Great"
- d Henry the Fowler became...?
- e gained the eastern portion of the empire
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Pope Leo I recognized as supreme over the Roman church
- nobles who claimed the right of choosing the kings
- divisions of the Roman Church's territory
- gave the English people the Bible in their own tongue by translating it from Latin to English
- theory that Peter was made head of the church
5 True/False Questions
Dominicans → Greek for "servant"
monasticism → religious communities isolated from the rest of society
Peter of Bruis → founded the Petrobrusians
Emperor of the Romans → founded the Petrobrusians
Charles the Bald → most famous Mayor of the Palace