5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- "the Hammer"
- Henry IV
- Petrine theory
- Christmas Day 800
- a men who practice monasticism
- b meaning of "Martel"
- c theory that Peter was made head of the church
- d Charlemagne is "unexpectedly" crowned emperor of Rome by the pope
- e German monarchy reached its peak under...?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Latin translation of the Bible by Jerome
- recognized pope over the Roman church in 445
- nobles who claimed the right of choosing the kings
- Charles Martel's son who became Mayor of the Palace and followed his father as a strong leader
- monks who preached and did missionary work
5 True/False Questions
Otto the Great → Charles Martel's son who became Mayor of the Palace and followed his father as a strong leader
apostolic succession → Donation of Pepin; other name
transubstantiation → doctrine that bread and wine become body & blood of Jesus in the hands of the Eucharist
nuns → Gelasius I enunciated two swords doctrine
Salian → line of kings begun with Henry the Fowler