5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Henry IV
- missi dominici
- dioceses and parishes
- Gelasius I
- a "the king's envoys"
- b divisions of the Roman Church's territory
- c line of Frankish kings
- d German monarchy reached its peak under...?
- e issued the two swords doctrine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- monasteries for nuns
- the idea that Christ had appointed the apostles succeed his ministry on earth
- chief official of the royal household
- divided the empire into three parts
- abstinence from marriage
5 True/False Questions
Normandy → most dominant Germanic tribe
deacons → Greek for "servant"
Boniface VIII → proclaimed that one must be subject to the Roman pope to obtain salvation
Frederick Barbarossa → Frederick Barbarossa's grandson; entangled himself in Italy
hermits → earliest monks who lived in the wilderness