5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the composition of a tripeptide?
- What type of reaction is required to bind two molecules of glycine together and release a molecule of water?
- Protein-hydrolyzing ensymes are commonly known as
- What is the simplest amino acid?
- An example of a protein with quaternary polypeptide structure is
d. disulfide bridges
- a c. hemoglobin
- b b. glycine
- c b. Three amino acids bonded together
- d ...
- e d. Condensation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- b. an essential mineral
- a. pepsin
- b. number of different amino acids
- c. denaturation
- b. stomach
5 True/False Questions
What process results in the hardening of an egg when it is exposed to heat?
d. protein interaction → a. Proline
When two amino acids are chemically joined together, the resulting structure is called a
d. disaccharide → b. tripeptide
What is the name of the inactive form of the protein- splitting enzyme in the stomach?
d. propeptidase → c. pepsinogen
In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
d. Hydrogen → b. number of different amino acids
The weak electrical attractions within polypeptide chains account for the protein's
a. primary structure
b. secondary structure
c. tertiary structure
d. quaternary structure → b. secondary structure