5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In what organ is pepsin active
- What is meant by the amino acid sequence of a protein?
a. number of side chains in the protein
b. folding arrangement of the peptide chain
c. order of amino acids in the peptide chain
d. order of only the essential amino acids in the protein
- What process results in the hardening of an egg when it is exposed to heat?
d. protein interaction
- An example of a protein with quaternary polypeptide structure is
d. disulfide bridges
- Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
- a b. denaturation
- b c. hemoglobin
- c c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
- d stomach
- e c. 20
5 Multiple choice questions
- b. glycine
- b. stomach
- c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
- d. 20
- d. Nitrogen
5 True/False questions
The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
d. destabilization → c. denaturation
A dispensable amino acid is one that
a. is not needed by the body
b. can be synthesized by the body
c. can be used to synthesize an indispensable amino acid
d. cannot be synthsized by the body because of a genetic defect → b. can be synthesized by the body
Protein-hydrolyzing ensymes are commonly known as
d. denaturases → ...
What is the composition of a tripeptide? → b. Three amino acids bonded together
All of the following are contained in an amino acid except?
a. an acid group
b. an amino group
c. an aldehyde group
d. a central carbon atom → d. 20 amino acids bonded together