5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many different kinds of amino acids make up proteins?
- What digestive enzyme would be most affected in people who are unable to produce hydrochloric acid?
c. pancreatic protease
d. intestinal peptidase
- Terms used to classify amino acids in the diet include all of the following except
c. partially essential
d. conditionally essential
- what is the process by which heat or acidity disrupts the noral shape of the protein chain?
- What type of reaction is required to bind two molecules of glycine together and release a molecule of water?
- a d. 20
- b a. pepsin
- c c. denaturation
- d d. Condensation
- e c. partially essential
5 Multiple choice questions
- b. It must be supplied by the diet
- b. Three amino acids bonded together
- c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
- b. Sulfur
- b. stomach
5 True/False questions
The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
d. destabilization → a. dipeptide
Any of the following can be used by the body for the synthesis of nonessential amino acid except:
a. a fragment of fat
b. an essential mineral
c. an essential amino acid
d. a fragment of carbohydrate → b. an essential mineral
In comparison to the well-defined structure of starch, which of the following is the most important factor that allows for the synthesis of thousands of different proteins?
a. number of cell ribosomes
b. number of different amino acids
c. availability of amino acids containing sulfur
d. availability of amino acids containing hydroxyl groups → c. Nitrogen
What process results in the hardening of an egg when it is exposed to heat?
d. protein interaction → b. denaturation
The weak electrical attractions within polypeptide chains account for the protein's
a. primary structure
b. secondary structure
c. tertiary structure
d. quaternary structure → b. secondary structure