5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what is the process by which heat or acidity disrupts the noral shape of the protein chain?
- A dispensable amino acid is one that
a. is not needed by the body
b. can be synthesized by the body
c. can be used to synthesize an indispensable amino acid
d. cannot be synthsized by the body because of a genetic defect
- What digestive enzyme would be most affected in people who are unable to produce hydrochloric acid?
c. pancreatic protease
d. intestinal peptidase
- In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
- An example of a protein with quaternary polypeptide structure is
d. disulfide bridges
- a c. denaturation
- b c. Nitrogen
- c a. pepsin
- d b. can be synthesized by the body
- e c. hemoglobin
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- c. pepsinogen
- b. an essential mineral
- b. Three amino acids bonded together
- c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
- b. tripeptide
5 True/False Questions
What type of reaction is required to bind two molecules of glycine together and release a molecule of water?
d. Condensation → b. tyrosine
All of the following are contained in an amino acid except?
a. an acid group
b. an amino group
c. an aldehyde group
d. a central carbon atom → c. an aldehyde group
Which of the following would be classified as a polypeptide?
a. 1 amino acid
b. 3 amino acids bonded together
c. 9 fatty acids bonded together
d. 20 amino acids bonded together → d. 20 amino acids bonded together
What amino acid is classified as conditionally essential when dietary intake of phenylalanine is insufficient or the body cannot normally metabolize phenylalanine?
d. isoleucine → b. tyrosine
How many different kinds of amino acids make up proteins? → b. Three amino acids bonded together