5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What process results in the hardening of an egg when it is exposed to heat?
d. protein interaction
- Which of the following is a feature on an essential amino acid?
a. It is not necessary in the diet
b. It must be supplied by the diet
c. It can be made from fat in the body
d. It can be made from glucose in the body
- Which of the following is a feature of hemoglobin?
a. It has not tertiary structure
b. It holds the mineral calcium
c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
d. It has no primary or secondary structure
- In comparison to the well-defined structure of starch, which of the following is the most important factor that allows for the synthesis of thousands of different proteins?
a. number of cell ribosomes
b. number of different amino acids
c. availability of amino acids containing sulfur
d. availability of amino acids containing hydroxyl groups
- After a hamburger is eaten, in what organ is the hydrolysis of its proteins initiated?
c. small intestines
d. large intestines
- a b. number of different amino acids
- b b. It must be supplied by the diet
- c b. stomach
- d b. denaturation
- e c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- d. Nitrogen
- a. dipeptide
- a. The side group
- c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
5 True/False Questions
Any of the following can be used by the body for the synthesis of nonessential amino acid except:
a. a fragment of fat
b. an essential mineral
c. an essential amino acid
d. a fragment of carbohydrate → a. The side group
An example of a protein with quaternary polypeptide structure is
d. disulfide bridges → c. hemoglobin
What is the composition of a tripeptide? → b. Three amino acids bonded together
Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
d. 35 → d. 20
In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
d. Hydrogen → b. number of different amino acids