5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many different kinds of amino acids make up proteins?
- Which of the following elements is found in certain amino acids?
- What amino acid is classified as conditionally essential when dietary intake of phenylalanine is insufficient or the body cannot normally metabolize phenylalanine?
- Which of the following is not an essential amino acid in human nutrition?
- In comparison to the well-defined structure of starch, which of the following is the most important factor that allows for the synthesis of thousands of different proteins?
a. number of cell ribosomes
b. number of different amino acids
c. availability of amino acids containing sulfur
d. availability of amino acids containing hydroxyl groups
- a b. number of different amino acids
- b b. Sulfur
- c a. Proline
- d d. 20
- e b. tyrosine
5 Multiple choice questions
- c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
- c. pepsinogen
- a. The side group
- d. 20 amino acids bonded together
5 True/False questions
Protein-hydrolyzing ensymes are commonly known as
d. denaturases → ...
Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
d. 35 → d. 20
In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
d. Hydrogen → b. number of different amino acids
what is the process by which heat or acidity disrupts the noral shape of the protein chain?
d. hydrogenation → c. denaturation
The weak electrical attractions within polypeptide chains account for the protein's
a. primary structure
b. secondary structure
c. tertiary structure
d. quaternary structure → b. secondary structure