5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The law that required all citizens to help catch runaway slaves was the
- What did antislavery people do in response to the proslavery laws passed by the new Kansas legislature?
- What did the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 require?
- What did free African Americans and whites who opposed slavery set up to help runaways escape?
- Why didStephen Douglas propose organizing the region west of Missouri and Iowa as the territories of Kansas and Nebraska?
- a all citizen to help catch runaways
- b Underground Railroad
- c encouraging settlement in the west
- d refused to accept, held own elctions, adopted constitution
- e Fugitive Slave Act
5 Multiple choice questions
- boundary of slavery
- Missourians traveled in armed groups
- Popular Sovereignty
- border ruffians
5 True/False questions
What let Douglas to propose abandoning the Missouri Compromise? → it would give the north an advantage in the Senate
Kansas → territory open to slavery
Sam Houston predicted this act would "convulse the country from Maine to the Rio Grande" → civil war
When did Congress pass the Kansas-Nebraska Act → Missourians traveled in armed groups
What happened in Kansas in the election of 1855? → Simon Legree