5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did Uncle Tom's Cabin show about slavery?
- 36degrees30'N latitude
- What did Douglas call letting settlers in a territory vote on whether to allow slavery?
- A war between citizens of the same country is called a
- What did free African Americans and whites who opposed slavery set up to help runaways escape?
- a Underground Railroad
- b brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
- c civil war
- d boundary of slavery
- e Popular Sovereignty
5 Multiple choice questions
- all citizen to help catch runaways
- Kansas-Nebraska Act
- Simon Legree
- Fugitive Slave Act
- a proslavery legislature was elected
5 True/False questions
What conflicting positions did Congress take concerning the rival governments in Kansas? → it would give the north an advantage in the Senate
Polular Sovereignty → violent abolitionist
When did Congress pass the Kansas-Nebraska Act → May 1854
What incident, along with the fighting in "Bleeding Kansas," revealed the level of hostility etween the North and the South? → The Brooks-Summer Incident
Why didStephen Douglas propose organizing the region west of Missouri and Iowa as the territories of Kansas and Nebraska? → encouraging settlement in the west