5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Brown
- When did Congress pass the Kansas-Nebraska Act
- What incident, along with the fighting in "Bleeding Kansas," revealed the level of hostility etween the North and the South?
- What let Douglas to propose abandoning the Missouri Compromise?
- Who wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin?
- a May 1854
- b violent abolitionist
- c The Brooks-Summer Incident
- d Harriet Beecher Stowe
- e it would give the north an advantage in the Senate
5 Multiple choice questions
- The President and the Senate favored the proslavery government, the House backed forces who opposed slavery
- refused to accept, held own elctions, adopted constitution
- Underground Railroad
- Kansas-Nebraska Act
5 True/False questions
Who led an attack on Pottawatomie Creek to retialiate for the attack on Lawrence? → a proslavery legislature was elected
The law that required all citizens to help catch runaway slaves was the → civil war
Character in Uncle Tom's Cabin → Harriet Beecher Stowe
What did the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 require? → brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
What did Uncle Tom's Cabin show about slavery? → Harriet Beecher Stowe