5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Brown
- What did antislavery people do in response to the proslavery laws passed by the new Kansas legislature?
- Character in Uncle Tom's Cabin
- What did Uncle Tom's Cabin show about slavery?
- Who were the border ruffians?
- a violent abolitionist
- b Missourians traveled in armed groups
- c refused to accept, held own elctions, adopted constitution
- d Simon Legree
- e brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
5 Multiple choice questions
- all citizen to help catch runaways
- Fugitive Slave Act
- it would give the north an advantage in the Senate
- a proslavery legislature was elected
- encouraging settlement in the west
5 True/False questions
Sam Houston predicted this act would "convulse the country from Maine to the Rio Grande" → Kansas-Nebraska Act
A war between citizens of the same country is called a → civil war
What conflicting positions did Congress take concerning the rival governments in Kansas? → it would give the north an advantage in the Senate
36degrees30'N latitude → Harriet Beecher Stowe
What did free African Americans and whites who opposed slavery set up to help runaways escape? → Underground Railroad