5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did Douglas call letting settlers in a territory vote on whether to allow slavery?
- Missourians who traveled in armed groups to cross the border and vote in elections became known as
- When did Congress pass the Kansas-Nebraska Act
- Sam Houston predicted this act would "convulse the country from Maine to the Rio Grande"
- What happened in Kansas in the election of 1855?
- a a proslavery legislature was elected
- b border ruffians
- c Popular Sovereignty
- d Kansas-Nebraska Act
- e May 1854
5 Multiple choice questions
- Fugitive Slave Act
- Simon Legree
- Underground Railroad
- The Brooks-Summer Incident
- all citizen to help catch runaways
5 True/False questions
Kansas → territory open to slavery
Who were the border ruffians? → Missourians traveled in armed groups
What did Uncle Tom's Cabin show about slavery? → brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
John Brown → territory open to slavery
Who led an attack on Pottawatomie Creek to retialiate for the attack on Lawrence? → a proslavery legislature was elected