5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did antislavery people do in response to the proslavery laws passed by the new Kansas legislature?
- Polular Sovereignty
- Sam Houston predicted this act would "convulse the country from Maine to the Rio Grande"
- Who wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin?
- 36degrees30'N latitude
- a refused to accept, held own elctions, adopted constitution
- b Harriet Beecher Stowe
- c allowing people to decide
- d Kansas-Nebraska Act
- e boundary of slavery
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Missourians traveled in armed groups
- The Brooks-Summer Incident
- encouraging settlement in the west
- Fugitive Slave Act
- Popular Sovereignty
5 True/False Questions
Who led an attack on Pottawatomie Creek to retialiate for the attack on Lawrence? → a proslavery legislature was elected
Rival proslavery and antislavery governments existed in this state → Kansas
Character in Uncle Tom's Cabin → Simon Legree
John Brown → violent abolitionist
What conflicting positions did Congress take concerning the rival governments in Kansas? → it would give the north an advantage in the Senate