5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did free African Americans and whites who opposed slavery set up to help runaways escape?
- What conflicting positions did Congress take concerning the rival governments in Kansas?
- Rival proslavery and antislavery governments existed in this state
- What did Uncle Tom's Cabin show about slavery?
- Who wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin?
- a brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
- b Kansas
- c Harriet Beecher Stowe
- d The President and the Senate favored the proslavery government, the House backed forces who opposed slavery
- e Underground Railroad
5 Multiple choice questions
- May 1854
- John Brown
- Fugitive Slave Act
- Missourians traveled in armed groups
- all citizen to help catch runaways
5 True/False questions
What let Douglas to propose abandoning the Missouri Compromise? → brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
A war between citizens of the same country is called a → civil war
What did Douglas call letting settlers in a territory vote on whether to allow slavery? → Popular Sovereignty
What incident, along with the fighting in "Bleeding Kansas," revealed the level of hostility etween the North and the South? → The Brooks-Summer Incident
36degrees30'N latitude → boundary of slavery