5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who led an attack on Pottawatomie Creek to retialiate for the attack on Lawrence?
- What did Douglas call letting settlers in a territory vote on whether to allow slavery?
- What conflicting positions did Congress take concerning the rival governments in Kansas?
- What did Uncle Tom's Cabin show about slavery?
- What happened in Kansas in the election of 1855?
- a a proslavery legislature was elected
- b John Brown
- c The President and the Senate favored the proslavery government, the House backed forces who opposed slavery
- d Popular Sovereignty
- e brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- civil war
- encouraging settlement in the west
- Underground Railroad
- violent abolitionist
- Simon Legree
5 True/False Questions
What let Douglas to propose abandoning the Missouri Compromise? → brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
When did Congress pass the Kansas-Nebraska Act → May 1854
Kansas → territory open to slavery
What incident, along with the fighting in "Bleeding Kansas," revealed the level of hostility etween the North and the South? → brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
36degrees30'N latitude → boundary of slavery