5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- intimate early social interaction
- symbolic interactionism
- The orphans raised by the mentally impaired scored an average of 28 points higher than those raised by trained professionals.
- They are a group
- a What discovery did Skeels and Dye make when they administered intelligence tests to a sample of orphans cared for by trained professionals in a "good" orphanage and to a second sample of orphans raised by residents of an institution for mentally retarded women?
- b Which sociological perspective is most closely linked to microsociology?
- c Leo, Ryan, and Matthew regularly interact with one another and share similar values, norms, and expectations. In view of this, which concept MOST applies to their relationship?
- d Believing that all football players are academically challenged, that all African Americans are great athletes, and that all women can cook well are examples of ________.
- e Based on studies of isolated and institutionalized children, what is the key variable in acquiring the basic "human" traits we take for granted?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The difference between status and role is that ________.
- True or False Without language there can be no culture, no shared way of life.
- The presentation of self in everyday life, also called dramaturgy, was developed by ________
- T or F: As a child's experiences with agents of socialization broadens, the influence of the family increases.
- The research in the early 1960s using rhesus monkeys to demonstrate the importance of intimate physical contact in the rearing of animals was conducted by ________.
5 True/False questions
True → T or F: When Professor Jones is before his class lecturing, he has assumed the front stage, based on the terminology used in dramaturgy.
Status provides the guidelines for how we are to act and feel. → Which statement regarding status is MOST accurate?
suspend Frank's driving privileges for a month and discuss with Frank the dangers of drinking and driving → Which statement regarding status is MOST accurate?
Social structure → The typical patterns of a group, such as its usual relationships between men and women or students and teachers, are referred to as ________.
Stereotypes are the assumptions we make that can become self-fulfilling prophecies. → Jane is a 49-year-old woman of Irish-German descent. What do these characteristics have in common?