6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- As the main character battled within his own mind about whether or not he should jump out of the boat and swim to Canada, the only two words the old man says come AFTER the main character has decided NOT to jump out of the boat. What were those two words from the old man?
- Ironic and symbolic job the main character has in 1968 when he learns that he as been drafted into military service
- It is true that the old man "saves" the main character because he........
- True statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
- "On the Rainy River" is a chapter in the larger book called ___________________.
5 True/False Questions
took him fishing → The name of the place where the main character stayed after leaving home.
the Tip Top Lodge → On the main character's final day of stay at the Tip Top Lodge, the old man did this for him that was a turning point in his mind.
he thinks the war is needed to solve major issues → True statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
he would be embarrassed not to go → This finally drives the main character to choose to go to war at the end of the story.
run to Canada → War the main character is convinced he cannot participate in as a soldier.