6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The physical change the main character describes when he makes his decision to act on his plan for avoiding the war.
- This finally drives the main character to choose to go to war at the end of the story.
- During the middle of the summer of 1968, the main character creates this plan to avoid fighting in the war.
- The way the main character paid for his room and board while stayin at the Tip To Lodge
- On the main character's final day of stay at the Tip Top Lodge, the old man did this for him that was a turning point in his mind.
5 True/False questions
meat packer/factory worker → Ironic and symbolic job the main character has in 1968 when he learns that he as been drafted into military service
Vietnam War → War the main character is convinced he cannot participate in as a soldier.
"Ain't biting" → Author of "On the Rainy River"
he takes the main character to a place where he can make his own decisons → False statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
he thinks the war is needed to solve major issues → True statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.