← GACS lclab English 10 - Hill/Spiceland - Final Exam Review - Fall Semester - On the Rainy River Test
6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The way the main character paid for his room and board while stayin at the Tip To Lodge
- During the middle of the summer of 1968, the main character creates this plan to avoid fighting in the war.
- The physical change the main character describes when he makes his decision to act on his plan for avoiding the war.
- "On the Rainy River" is a chapter in the larger book called ___________________.
- On the main character's final day of stay at the Tip Top Lodge, the old man did this for him that was a turning point in his mind.
5 True/False Questions
O'Brien → The main character says he has never told his story to anyone before. The reason for this is ______________.
meat packer/factory worker → Ironic and symbolic job the main character has in 1968 when he learns that he as been drafted into military service
he takes the main character to a place where he can make his own decisons → False statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
Vietnam War → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
"Ain't biting" → Author of "On the Rainy River"