6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- It is true that the old man "saves" the main character because he........
- The way the main character paid for his room and board while stayin at the Tip To Lodge
- On the main character's final day of stay at the Tip Top Lodge, the old man did this for him that was a turning point in his mind.
- The name of the place where the main character stayed after leaving home.
- As the main character battled within his own mind about whether or not he should jump out of the boat and swim to Canada, the only two words the old man says come AFTER the main character has decided NOT to jump out of the boat. What were those two words from the old man?
5 True/False Questions
The Things They Carried → The name of the place where the main character stayed after leaving home.
Elroy → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
meat packer/factory worker → Ironic and symbolic job the main character has in 1968 when he learns that he as been drafted into military service
a bursting/cracking in his chest → The physical change the main character describes when he makes his decision to act on his plan for avoiding the war.
embarrassment → The main character says he has never told his story to anyone before. The reason for this is ______________.