6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- As the main character battled within his own mind about whether or not he should jump out of the boat and swim to Canada, the only two words the old man says come AFTER the main character has decided NOT to jump out of the boat. What were those two words from the old man?
- This finally drives the main character to choose to go to war at the end of the story.
- First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
- It is true that the old man "saves" the main character because he........
- The main character says he has never told his story to anyone before. The reason for this is ______________.
5 True/False Questions
O'Brien → Author of "On the Rainy River"
the Tip Top Lodge → "On the Rainy River" is a chapter in the larger book called ___________________.
Vietnam War → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
a bursting/cracking in his chest → The physical change the main character describes when he makes his decision to act on his plan for avoiding the war.
run to Canada → War the main character is convinced he cannot participate in as a soldier.