6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- During the middle of the summer of 1968, the main character creates this plan to avoid fighting in the war.
- As the main character battled within his own mind about whether or not he should jump out of the boat and swim to Canada, the only two words the old man says come AFTER the main character has decided NOT to jump out of the boat. What were those two words from the old man?
- The main character says he has never told his story to anyone before. The reason for this is ______________.
- It is true that the old man "saves" the main character because he........
- On the main character's final day of stay at the Tip Top Lodge, the old man did this for him that was a turning point in his mind.
5 True/False questions
Elroy → War the main character is convinced he cannot participate in as a soldier.
He thinks he is too good for the war. → True statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
he would be embarrassed not to go → The main character says he has never told his story to anyone before. The reason for this is ______________.
Vietnam War → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
working around the place → The way the main character paid for his room and board while stayin at the Tip To Lodge