6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- War the main character is convinced he cannot participate in as a soldier.
- During the middle of the summer of 1968, the main character creates this plan to avoid fighting in the war.
- The way the main character paid for his room and board while stayin at the Tip To Lodge
- First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
- As the main character battled within his own mind about whether or not he should jump out of the boat and swim to Canada, the only two words the old man says come AFTER the main character has decided NOT to jump out of the boat. What were those two words from the old man?
5 True/False questions
he takes the main character to a place where he can make his own decisons → False statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
a bursting/cracking in his chest → The physical change the main character describes when he makes his decision to act on his plan for avoiding the war.
he would be embarrassed not to go → The main character says he has never told his story to anyone before. The reason for this is ______________.
took him fishing → The name of the place where the main character stayed after leaving home.
He thinks he is too good for the war. → "On the Rainy River" is a chapter in the larger book called ___________________.