← GACS lclab English 10 - Hill/Spiceland - Final Exam Review - Fall Semester - On the Rainy River Test
6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "On the Rainy River" is a chapter in the larger book called ___________________.
- True statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
- On the main character's final day of stay at the Tip Top Lodge, the old man did this for him that was a turning point in his mind.
- It is true that the old man "saves" the main character because he........
- As the main character battled within his own mind about whether or not he should jump out of the boat and swim to Canada, the only two words the old man says come AFTER the main character has decided NOT to jump out of the boat. What were those two words from the old man?
5 True/False Questions
O'Brien → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
Elroy → War the main character is convinced he cannot participate in as a soldier.
embarrassment → Author of "On the Rainy River"
working around the place → The way the main character paid for his room and board while stayin at the Tip To Lodge
the Tip Top Lodge → During the middle of the summer of 1968, the main character creates this plan to avoid fighting in the war.