← Vocab 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A fabrication or unfounded story.
- b Ruffled, upset. That which upsets harmony or balance.
- c To twist (the body), especially in reaction to pain or strong sensation.
- d To find fault in trivial matters or raise petty objections.
- e A paradise or utopia.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Reduction or decrease due to outside influence.
- To confuse or perplex. To mystify or confuse, as with bewildering arguments or misleading statements.
- Abusive language. denunciatory or overly harsh speech or writing.
- A minor, unreal or eerie similarity. Can also mean an effigy.
- Wordy. That which uses unnecessary language.
5 True/False Questions
Herculean → Strong and powerful; reminiscent of the god Hercules in vitality. Also can mean daunting or formidable-so difficult as to require the strength of Hercules
Tete-a-Tete → A meeting in which two people meet face-to-face.
Ennui → Listlessness, dissatisfaction, or boredom.
Equivocal → In accordance with or conforming to established (church) law. Also accepted as belonging within a body of work.
Loquacious → Extremely talkative. Someone prone to nervous chatter.