← Vocab 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A minor, unreal or eerie similarity. Can also mean an effigy.
- b Reduction or decrease due to outside influence.
- c Strong and powerful; reminiscent of the god Hercules in vitality. Also can mean daunting or formidable-so difficult as to require the strength of Hercules
- d A meeting in which two people meet face-to-face.
- e To twist (the body), especially in reaction to pain or strong sensation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In accordance with or conforming to established (church) law. Also accepted as belonging within a body of work.
- Ruffled, upset. That which upsets harmony or balance.
- The act of passive agreement or assent without objection.
- Wordy. That which uses unnecessary language.
- A forerunner. something that foreshadows a future event or trend.
5 True/False Questions
Canard → A fabrication or unfounded story.
Invective → To disprove or demonstrate to be false; to contradict appearances.
Cavil → To find fault in trivial matters or raise petty objections.
Belie → To find fault in trivial matters or raise petty objections.
Equivocal → In accordance with or conforming to established (church) law. Also accepted as belonging within a body of work.