5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Great Compromise
- Quebec Act
- Jay's Treaty
- Townshend Acts
- a Controversial treaty with Britain negotiated by Chief Justice John Jay in1794 to settle American grievances and avert war.
- b Duties on American imports of paper, glass, paint, led and tea
- c Parliament's plans to establish a new civil government for the Canadian province of Quebec.
- d A state's representation in the House of Representation would be based on population; Two senators for each state would be in the Senate; all bills would originate in the house
- e A church system of government, where each village church was independent of outside interference.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- agreement between the United Sates and Spain that changed Florida's border and made it easier for American ships to use the port of New Orleans
- Proposal of the New Jersey delegation at the Constitutional Convention that called for strong national government with one house of Congress in which all states would have equal representation.
- Undeclared war fought entirely at sea between the United States and France from 1798 to 1800. The French began to seize American ships trading with their British enemies and refused to receive a new United States minister when he arrived in Paris in December 1796.
- the theological system of John Calvin and his followers emphasizing omnipotence of God and salvation by grace alone
- An armed rebellion in Virginia (1675-1676) led by Nathaniel Bacon against the colony's royal governor Sir William Berkeley. Although some of his followers called for an end of special privilege in government, Bacon was chiefly interested in gaining a larger share of the lucrative Indian trade.
5 True/False Questions
French and Indian War → THe person who publicized explorers' account of the New World in a massive book titled "The Principall Navigations, Voyages, and Discoveries of the English Nation" in 1589 to persuaded people to go over to America.
Sugar Act 1764 → Protestants who, during the 1600's, wanted to leave the Anglican Church in order to found their own churches
XYZ Affair → Law passed by parliament allowing the British East India Company to sell its low-cost tea directly to the colonies - undermining colonial tea merchants; led to the Boston Tea Party
Indentured servants → Duties on American imports of paper, glass, paint, led and tea
Loose constructionist → someone who interprets the Constitution in a way that allows the federal government to take actions that the constitution doesn't not specifically state