5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 15. ______ are secreted by cells infected with viruses, alerting neighboring cells and protecting them from becoming infected.
- 46. The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) targets mainly
- 20. Basophils of the blood help to get defensive leukocytes to the site quickly by releasing an anticoagulant called _____ and a vasodilator called _____.
- 13. _____ employ a "respiratory burst" to produce bactericidal chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide (H202) and hypochlorite (HC1O).
- 41. This is the correct sequence of events in the humoral immune response.
- a helper T cells
- b interferons
- c antigen recognition -- antigen presentation -- clonal selection -- differentiation -- attack
- d neutrophils
- e heparin; histamine
5 Multiple choice questions
- impaired use
- secrete fever-producing chemicals
- the lymphatic node pump
- lymph node
- the gastric juices
5 True/False questions
33. All of the following can act as antigen-presenting cells except → cytotoxic T cells
37. _______ participate in both nonspecific resistance and immune response → interferons
50. Autoimmune diseases are disorders in which the immune system fails to distinguish _____ from foreign ones. → self antigens
3. Special lymphatic vessels called lacteals absorb dietary _____ that are not absorbed by the blood capillaries. → lipids
10. Removal of the _______ will be the most harmful of all for a one-year-old child.] → thymus