6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- the physical, visual link between the mad son and the cyclo boy in "Cyclo"
- bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
- director of "Cyclo"
- no explanations for violence; paired radically unusual film styles; "Cyclo" was described as this
- the three major Italian film directors of post-WWII period
- cinematic style that feels as close to real-life as possible; NO fancy editing, NO complex dialogue, NO stylized production techniques, NO AUTEURSHIP by director
6 True/False Questions
no plot → bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
black market neighbors → director of "Cyclo"
images → "What's important for me is to create ________, often, transitory, that are like icons with meaning." said by Tran Anh Hung about "Cyclo"
Zavattine → images of paint and blood are used to symbolize ___________ of the soul in "Cyclo"
Creep by Radiohead → one of the most popular sports in Italy, along with football
class differences, consumerism → the streets of Ho Chi Minh City were a metaphor for this in "Cyclo"