← Quiz #2 Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- "What's important for me is to create ________, often, transitory, that are like icons with meaning." said by Tran Anh Hung about "Cyclo"
- bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
- the song that plays when The Sister loses her innocence/virginity; only English song in "Cyclo"
- cinematic style that feels as close to real-life as possible; NO fancy editing, NO complex dialogue, NO stylized production techniques, NO AUTEURSHIP by director
- said "I believe in imagination, but I more faith in reality, in people. Not interested in prearranged encounters, rather in the drama of things that happen to come together;" screenwriter of "Bicycle Thieves"
- the only group in "Bicycle Thieves" who are NOT considered to be villians
6 True/False Questions
no plot → bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
bold → bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
bicycle racing → one of the most popular sports in Italy, along with football
de-emphasizes → De Sica ___________ sexuality in "Bicycle Thieves" as symbolized by the removal of the bed sheets & ordinary clothes of the Communist dancer girls
Tran Anh Hung → director of "Cyclo"
vertical and horizontal lines → Tran Anh Hung said that he wouldn't shoot "Cyclo" in France because there were too many _______________ and a old French man's face wasn't as interesting as an old Vietnamese man's face