6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- said "I believe in imagination, but I more faith in reality, in people. Not interested in prearranged encounters, rather in the drama of things that happen to come together;" screenwriter of "Bicycle Thieves"
- the streets of Ho Chi Minh City were a metaphor for this in "Cyclo"
- De Sica ___________ sexuality in "Bicycle Thieves" as symbolized by the removal of the bed sheets & ordinary clothes of the Communist dancer girls
- one of the most popular sports in Italy, along with football
- the three major Italian film directors of post-WWII period
- the only group in "Bicycle Thieves" who are NOT considered to be villians
6 True/False Questions
cleansing → images of paint and blood are used to symbolize ___________ of the soul in "Cyclo"
cyclo → no explanations for violence; paired radically unusual film styles; "Cyclo" was described as this
vertical and horizontal lines → the three major Italian film directors of post-WWII period
bold → bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
neorealism → emphasis on emotions rather than abstract ideas, documentary visual style, use of actual locations, refusal to make easy more judgments, nonprofessioinal actors
Creep by Radiohead → one of the most popular sports in Italy, along with football