6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the three major Italian film directors of post-WWII period
- no explanations for violence; paired radically unusual film styles; "Cyclo" was described as this
- bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
- director of "Cyclo"
- emphasis on emotions rather than abstract ideas, documentary visual style, use of actual locations, refusal to make easy more judgments, nonprofessioinal actors
- "What's important for me is to create ________, often, transitory, that are like icons with meaning." said by Tran Anh Hung about "Cyclo"
6 True/False questions
black market neighbors → director of "Cyclo"
Creep by Radiohead → the song that plays when The Sister loses her innocence/virginity; only English song in "Cyclo"
paint → the physical, visual link between the mad son and the cyclo boy in "Cyclo"
cleansing → the physical, visual link between the mad son and the cyclo boy in "Cyclo"
bicycle racing → one of the most popular sports in Italy, along with football
pure cinema → said "I believe in imagination, but I more faith in reality, in people. Not interested in prearranged encounters, rather in the drama of things that happen to come together;" screenwriter of "Bicycle Thieves"