← Quiz #2 Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- said "I believe in imagination, but I more faith in reality, in people. Not interested in prearranged encounters, rather in the drama of things that happen to come together;" screenwriter of "Bicycle Thieves"
- emphasis on emotions rather than abstract ideas, documentary visual style, use of actual locations, refusal to make easy more judgments, nonprofessioinal actors
- De Sica ___________ sexuality in "Bicycle Thieves" as symbolized by the removal of the bed sheets & ordinary clothes of the Communist dancer girls
- the streets of Ho Chi Minh City were a metaphor for this in "Cyclo"
- bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
- the only group in "Bicycle Thieves" who are NOT considered to be villians
6 True/False Questions
pure cinema → cinematic style that feels as close to real-life as possible; NO fancy editing, NO complex dialogue, NO stylized production techniques, NO AUTEURSHIP by director
bold → bicycle driver who transports people from place to place
cleansing → images of paint and blood are used to symbolize ___________ of the soul in "Cyclo"
Creep by Radiohead → the song that plays when The Sister loses her innocence/virginity; only English song in "Cyclo"
bicycle racing → one of the most popular sports in Italy, along with football
individualism → emphasis on emotions rather than abstract ideas, documentary visual style, use of actual locations, refusal to make easy more judgments, nonprofessioinal actors