6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- the only group in "Bicycle Thieves" who are NOT considered to be villians
- the song that plays when The Sister loses her innocence/virginity; only English song in "Cyclo"
- cinematic style that feels as close to real-life as possible; NO fancy editing, NO complex dialogue, NO stylized production techniques, NO AUTEURSHIP by director
- images of paint and blood are used to symbolize ___________ of the soul in "Cyclo"
- Tran Anh Hung said that he wouldn't shoot "Cyclo" in France because there were too many _______________ and a old French man's face wasn't as interesting as an old Vietnamese man's face
- the three major Italian film directors of post-WWII period
6 True/False Questions
class differences, consumerism → the only group in "Bicycle Thieves" who are NOT considered to be villians
Tran Anh Hung → images of paint and blood are used to symbolize ___________ of the soul in "Cyclo"
neorealism → loose, meandering, episodic plot structure; gives film realistic, 'slice-of-life' feel; less dramatic than usual plot
de-emphasizes → "What's important for me is to create ________, often, transitory, that are like icons with meaning." said by Tran Anh Hung about "Cyclo"
cyclo → no explanations for violence; paired radically unusual film styles; "Cyclo" was described as this
no plot → bicycle driver who transports people from place to place