← Quiz #2 Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- the streets of Ho Chi Minh City were a metaphor for this in "Cyclo"
- images of paint and blood are used to symbolize ___________ of the soul in "Cyclo"
- emphasis on emotions rather than abstract ideas, documentary visual style, use of actual locations, refusal to make easy more judgments, nonprofessioinal actors
- no explanations for violence; paired radically unusual film styles; "Cyclo" was described as this
- cinematic style that feels as close to real-life as possible; NO fancy editing, NO complex dialogue, NO stylized production techniques, NO AUTEURSHIP by director
- the physical, visual link between the mad son and the cyclo boy in "Cyclo"
6 True/False Questions
De Sica, Visconti, Rossellini → Tran Anh Hung said that he wouldn't shoot "Cyclo" in France because there were too many _______________ and a old French man's face wasn't as interesting as an old Vietnamese man's face
black market neighbors → said "I believe in imagination, but I more faith in reality, in people. Not interested in prearranged encounters, rather in the drama of things that happen to come together;" screenwriter of "Bicycle Thieves"
individualism → emphasis on emotions rather than abstract ideas, documentary visual style, use of actual locations, refusal to make easy more judgments, nonprofessioinal actors
images → the physical, visual link between the mad son and the cyclo boy in "Cyclo"
de-emphasizes → "What's important for me is to create ________, often, transitory, that are like icons with meaning." said by Tran Anh Hung about "Cyclo"
bicycle racing → one of the most popular sports in Italy, along with football