← Native Americans Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Northwest Native Americans
- Hodenosaunee Trail
- Iroquois Confederacy
- a A device for transportation among Plains Indians, the travois consisted of 2 long poles, each lashed to the sides of a horse pulling it.
- b spirit who was represented by a masked Native American dancer
- c a 250 mile path, connected the homelands of five Iroquios people in the 1500's.
- d a powerful group of Native Americans in the eastern part of the United States made up of five nations: the Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga, Onondoga, and Oneida
- e Native Americans that lived in the northwestern part of what is now the U.S.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- meat cut in strips and dried in the sun
- Houses made of cedar that were used by coastal tribes that could house several families. They were permanent dwellings.
- Anasazi homes made of adobe bricks
- in the late 1500s five northern Iroquois nations took the advice of a peace seeking man
- circular huts made by some Algonquian peoples
5 True/False Questions
Hiawatha → circular huts made by some Algonquian peoples
Prairies → A device for transportation among Plains Indians, the travois consisted of 2 long poles, each lashed to the sides of a horse pulling it.
Clans → Navajo built homes that were cone-shaped shelters built by covering a wooden frame with mud or adobe
Woodlands Native Americans → Group of Native Americans that lived in what is now the southwest part of the U.S.
Plains Native Amercians → Group of Native Americans that lived in what is now the Central U.S.