5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Franz Ferdinand
- Newlands Reclamation Act
- Checks and Balances
- a A program that authorized the use of federal funds form public land sales to pay for irrigation and land development projects in the West.
- b A person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.
- c Archduke of Austria-Hungary who's assassination helped trigger the start of WWI.
- d A system where a branches actions can be overruled (but they have the power to overrule another branch) so that no one branch can usurp enough power to become dominant.
- e A share or shares of corporate ownership/any of the equal parts of capital stock of a corporation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Freedom to live as one chooses. The determining by the people of the form of government they shall have.
- To trade by exchanging (goods and services) without money.
- The treaty that officially ended WWI and decided how to punish Germany.
- Allowed any man to vote if he had an ancestor on the voting rolls prior to 1867.
- Inventor of the light bulb who helped to improve public life.
5 True/False Questions
ANZAC → A group of volunteer army men who participated in the failed mission to seize the Gallipoli Peninsula. (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps)
Central Powers → The payment (land, money, resources, etc.) after war that the defeated country gives to the victor.
15th Amendment → Prohibited states from denying citizens the right to vote on the basis of "race, color, or previous condition of servitude."
The Jungle → Multi-family apartments that were dark and crowded.
Demand → The desire for a commodity together with the ability to pay for it; the amount people are ready to buy at a certain price.