5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- all the water on Earth's surface.
- Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
- transfer of thermal energy by direct contact; occurs when energy is transferred by collisions between particles.
- movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense, air above the land to rise.
- energy transfered by waves or rays.
5 True/False questions
atmosphere → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
ultraviolet radiation → energy transfered by waves or rays.
chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) → causes moving air and water to left in the southern hemisphere and turn right in the northern hemisphere due to Earth's rotation.
coriolis effect → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
jet stream → narrow belt of strong winds that blowsnear the top of the troposphere.