5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
- energy transfered by waves or rays.
- causes moving air and water to left in the southern hemisphere and turn right in the northern hemisphere due to Earth's rotation.
- narrow belt of strong winds that blowsnear the top of the troposphere.
- change of matter from a gas to a liquid.
5 True/False Questions
convection → transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
sea breeze → movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.
ultraviolet radiation → a type of energy that comes to Earth from the Sun, can damage skin and cause cancer, and is mostly absorbed by the ozone layer.
land breeze → movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense, air above the land to rise.
ozone layer → layer of the statosphere with a high concentration of ozone; absorbs most of the Sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation.