5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a type of energy that comes to Earth from the Sun, can damage skin and cause cancer, and is mostly absorbed by the ozone layer.
- change of matter from a gas to a liquid.
- Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
- energy transfered by waves or rays.
- movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.
5 True/False Questions
jet stream → narrow belt of strong winds that blowsnear the top of the troposphere.
convection → transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
coriolis effect → Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
sea breeze → movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense, air above the land to rise.
ionosphere → Earth's air which is made up of a thin layer of gasses, solids, and liquids; forms a protective layer around the planet and is divided into 5 distinct layers.