5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- change of matter from a gas to a liquid.
- Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
- transfer of thermal energy by direct contact; occurs when energy is transferred by collisions between particles.
- group of chemical compounds used in refrigerators, air conditioners, foam packaging, and aerosol sprays that may enter the atmosphere and destroy ozone.
- movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.
5 True/False questions
ozone layer → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
ionosphere → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
atmosphere → Earth's air which is made up of a thin layer of gasses, solids, and liquids; forms a protective layer around the planet and is divided into 5 distinct layers.
convection → transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
jet stream → narrow belt of strong winds that blowsnear the top of the troposphere.