5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Earth's air which is made up of a thin layer of gasses, solids, and liquids; forms a protective layer around the planet and is divided into 5 distinct layers.
- all the water on Earth's surface.
- Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
- causes moving air and water to left in the southern hemisphere and turn right in the northern hemisphere due to Earth's rotation.
- transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
5 True/False questions
ozone layer → layer of the statosphere with a high concentration of ozone; absorbs most of the Sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation.
troposphere → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
radiation → transfer of thermal energy by direct contact; occurs when energy is transferred by collisions between particles.
ultraviolet radiation → energy transfered by waves or rays.
sea breeze → movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.