← APHG ch.3 Vocab. Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Undocumented Immigrants
- Intraregional Migration
- Migration Transition
- Forced Migration
- a migration into a place (especially migration to a country of which you are not a native in order to settle there)
- b People who enter a country without proper documents. "illegal immigrants"
- c permanent movement within one region of a country
- d Permanent movement compelled usually by cultural factors.
- e Change in the migration pattern in a society that results from industrialization, population growth, and other social and economic changes that also produce the demographic transition.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- depletion or loss of intellectual and technical personnel
- Permanent movement undertaken by choice.
- Permanent movement from one region of a country to another.
- the ability to move easily from place to place
- An environmental or cultural feature of the landscape that hinders migration.
5 True/False Questions
Circulation → the movement of persons from one country or locality to another
Refugees → People who are forced to migrate from their home country and cannot return for fear of persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group, or political opinion.
Emigration → migration from a place (especially migration from your native country in order to settle in another)
Internal Migration → permanent movement within a particular country
Guest Workers → legal immigrant who has work visa, usually short term