5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Brown Shirts
- Five Year Plan
- a the secret state police in Nazi Germany; known for its terrorist methods
- b Stalin's economic policy to rebuild the Soviet economy after WWI. tried to improve heavy industry and improve farm output, but resulted in famine
- c Hitler's private army of supporters, also known as the SA (Sturm Abteilung).
- d a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
- e a form of socialism that abolishes private ownership; political theory favoring collectivism in a classless society
5 Multiple choice questions
- British statesman and leader (prime minister) during World War II; received Nobel Prize for literature in 1953 (1874-1965)
- combining small farms into large, factory-like farms run by the government.
- supporters of mussolini, broke up socialist rallies, smashed leftists presses and attacked farmer's cooperatives
- a plane that could go super super fast, drop bombs, and launch missiles.
- an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security
5 True/False questions
Axis Powers → Great Britain, France, Russia(USSR), and later the US; also known as the United Nations.
1945 → Pearl Harbor Bombing; the U.S.A. joins in WWII
Yugoslavia → The one European communist country able to resist Russian exploitation and control
Lend Lease Policy → allowed countries considered vital to US safety to "borrow" war equipment
electronic computers → Great Britain, France, Russia(USSR), and later the US; also known as the United Nations.