5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Formation of modern state of Israel
- Battle of Midway
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Nazi "final solution of the Jewish question"
- a 05/14/1948
- b ELIMINATE ALL JEWS
- c Special engine that can work in space and burns liquid or solid fuel.
- d President of the US during Great Depression and World War II
- e naval battle of World War II (June 1942); land and carrier-based American planes decisively defeated a Japanese fleet on its way to invade the Midway Islands
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- led the Allied invasion of North African and planned and executed the D-Day invasion at Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge
- WWII starts in Europe
- French general and statesman who became very popular during World War II as the leader of the Free French forces in exile (1890-1970)
- combining small farms into large, factory-like farms run by the government.
- fight a quick and surprising war
5 True/False Questions
Joseph Stalin → During WWII, he was a gurerilla leader who battled German forces. He set up a communist government in Yugoslavia and was independent from Moscow and the Soviet Union.
Adolf Hitler → "Der Fuhrer"; German Nazi dictator during World War II (1889-1945); Leader of the Nazi Party and the Third Reich; He led Europe into World War II
MEIN KAMPF → the secret state police in Nazi Germany; known for its terrorist methods
Allied Powers → French impressionist painter (1840-1926)
The Atlantic Charter → similar to Wilson's 14 point Plan, pledged for peace and the end of fighting, assured the world that all countries must work to free all men from fear and want, didn't trust Soviet Union with this very much.