← WWII Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Battle of Midway
- Battle of Britain
- a an area in western Czechoslovakia that was coveted by Hitler
- b naval battle of World War II (June 1942); land and carrier-based American planes decisively defeated a Japanese fleet on its way to invade the Midway Islands
- c Special engine that can work in space and burns liquid or solid fuel.
- d fight a quick and surprising war
- e the prolonged bombardment of British cities by the German Luftwaffe during World War II and the aerial combat that accompanied it
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a picturesque region of Germany around the Rhine river; name of the territory in which Hitler sent troops into in defiance of the Versailles treaty in 1935.
- Great Britain, France, Russia(USSR), and later the US; also known as the United Nations.
- An artistic movement that sought to capture a momentary feel, or impression, of the piece they were drawing
- Dutch post-impressionist painter noted for his use of color (1853-1890)
5 True/False Questions
Communism/communist → An artistic movement that sought to capture a momentary feel, or impression, of the piece they were drawing
totalitarianism → a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
Battle of the Atlantic → the prolonged bombardment of British cities by the German Luftwaffe during World War II and the aerial combat that accompanied it
Benito Mussolini → Known as "Il Duce"; Fascist dictator of Italy (1922-1943). He led Italy to conquer Ethiopia (1935), joined Germany in the Axis pact (1936), and allied Italy with Germany in World War II. He was overthrown in 1943 when the Allies invaded Italy. (p. 786)
Adolf Hitler → "Der Fuhrer"; German Nazi dictator during World War II (1889-1945); Leader of the Nazi Party and the Third Reich; He led Europe into World War II