5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- events that started the second world war...
- Charles De Gaulle
- atomic energy/ atomic weapons
- a the great depression in the U.S. and much of europe, the league of nations being formed, the french and british selling out the czechs at munich, no one aiding ethiopia when italy invaded, and the german invasion of poland.
- b the energy released by a nuclear reaction
the official emblem of the Nazi Party and the Third Reich; a cross with the arms bent at right angles in a clockwise direction
- d French general and statesman who became very popular during World War II as the leader of the Free French forces in exile (1890-1970)
- e National Communist countries not technically a part of the USSR
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hitler's private army of supporters, also known as the SA (Sturm Abteilung).
- prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
- 1939-Secret agreement between German leader Hitler and Soviet Leader Stalin not to attack one another and to divide Poland
bundle of rods containing an axe with the blade protruding;in ancient Rome it was a symbol of a magistrate's power; in modern Italy it is a symbol of Fascism
- fight a quick and surprising war
5 True/False questions
Sudetenland → a picturesque region of Germany around the Rhine river; name of the territory in which Hitler sent troops into in defiance of the Versailles treaty in 1935.
totalitarianism → a form of socialism featuring racism and expansionism
Munich Agreement → agreement between Chamberlain (eng) and Hitler that Germany would not conquer any more land, and if did, would declare war
radio → a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves; an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
The Jazz Age → nazi used this term to refer to people of northern european racial ancestry, especially those with blue eyes and blonde hair