5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- following the decline of Songhay, smaller states developed east of Maliand Songhay among which people?
- What was the most important Christian kingdom in Africa?
- Political and religious universatility in Africa
- What is mwene mutapa
- What is an Askia?
- a rulers that extended the boundries of the empires, so that by the mid-16th century, Songhai dominated central Sudan
- b Hausa
- c Africa never totally isolated from Mediterranean
- d Ethiopia
- e title the king took
5 Multiple choice questions
- The arrival of Islam
- disparities between the technologies and ideologies of Europeans and Africans also created differences in the ways in which their societies developed
- systems of writing
- Malike society was divided into three groups, clans of freemen, people devoted to religion, and specialist and trade men
- Mail possessed "port cities" along the Niger River sich as Jenne and Timbuktu, which flourished both commerciallly and culturally
5 True/False questions
Songhai was originally part of which African empire? → Mali
Which group did NOT migrate to the coastal region of East Africa? → Berbers from North Africa
check this out → Malinke merchants; formed small partnerships to carry out trade throughout Mali empire; eventually spread throughout much of West Africa
what was the function of secret societies in African culture → because their membership cut across lineage divisions, they acted to maintain stability within the community and diminish clan feuds
Which of the following statements concerning political and religious universality in Africa is most accurate? → Malike society was divided into three groups, clans of freemen, people devoted to religion, and specialist and trade men