← WHAP Chapter 8 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was the most important Christian kingdom in Africa?
- Which group did NOT migrate to the coastal region of East Africa?
- Which of the following statements concerning political and religious universality in Africa is most accurate?
- In what region was the influence of Islam most profound?
- The study of population is referred to as
- a Berbers from North Africa
- b Neither universal states nor universal religion characterized Africa, but both Christianity and Islam did find adherents in Africa.
- c demography
- d Ethiopia
- e Sub-Saharan Africa
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Griots mastered the oral traditions of the Malinke and by knowing the past were considered excellent advisors of kings.
- Invasion by a Moroccan Muslim army equipped with firearms, following by internal revolts
- Islam penetrated very little into the interior among the hunters, pastoralists, and farmers, and even the areas near the trading towns remained relatively unaffected
- Islam expanded to India and southeast Asia, providing a religious bond of trust between those regions and the converted rulers of the cities of east Africa.
- between Niger and Senegal rivers
5 True/False Questions
what ruler is responsible for the creation of songhay empire? → Sunni Ali
Why was Islam so readily adopted by rulers within the Sudan? → Griots mastered the oral traditions of the Malinke and by knowing the past were considered excellent advisors of kings.
following the decline of Songhay, smaller states developed east of Maliand Songhay among which people? → international trade flourished in the urbanized ports of east Africa, including commerce with India and China
Agriculture in Mali? → Difficulties of soil, dought, no technology, farmers could barely provide food
What Sudanic kingdom declined in 1076, making way for new political organizations in the region? → Griots mastered the oral traditions of the Malinke and by knowing the past were considered excellent advisors of kings.