← WHAP Chapter 8 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is a Sundiata?
- which of the following states represents the development if Bantu concepts of kingship and state-building?
- Songhai was originally part of which African empire?
- Sudanic states of Mali and Songhay
- How was the institution of slavery viewed in Muslim society?
- a Mali
- b kingdom of Kongo
- c terribrial cores of some ethnicity, power extended
- d In theory, slavery was seen as a stage in the process of conversion of pagans to Islam.
- e a leader whose exploits were the foundation of a great oral tradition; created unified state & basic rules for malinke society
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Persian Gulf
- Despite great effort to shift the focus of trade into their hands, the Portuguese were never able to control trade on the northern Swahili coast.
- grassland belt at the southern edge of the Sahara that served as a point of exchange between the forests of the south and north Africa.
- Malinke merchants; formed small partnerships to carry out trade throughout Mali empire; eventually spread throughout much of West Africa
5 True/False Questions
check this out → http://www.course-notes.org/flashcards/list/7743923
The study of population is referred to as → demography
Which of the following statements concerning Great Zimbabwe is NOT correct? → Great Zimbabwe was constructed by Arab Muslims who were trading with the Bantu residents of the region
what was the form of political organization of the yoruba people of Nigeria? → the yoruba were organized in a number of small city-states under the authority of regional kings
What was the social and political function of the griots? → Griots mastered the oral traditions of the Malinke and by knowing the past were considered excellent advisors of kings.