5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does the phrase "equality before God and inequality within the world" mean?
- Which of the following regions was NOT one of the important points of cultural contact between Africa and Islam?
- what was the form of political organization of the yoruba people of Nigeria?
- The Sahel refers to the
- In what region was the influence of Islam most profound?
- a the yoruba were organized in a number of small city-states under the authority of regional kings
- b Sub-Saharan Africa
- c the Islamic emphasis on equality in the eyes of God
- d The Persian Gulf
- e grassland belt at the southern edge of the Sahara that served as a point of exchange between the forests of the south and north Africa.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In theory, slavery was seen as a stage in the process of conversion of pagans to Islam.
- Africa never totally isolated from Mediterranean
5 True/False questions
what was the geographical location of the empire of Mali? → between Niger and Senegal rivers
Juula → http://www.course-notes.org/flashcards/list/7743923
which of the following states represents the development if Bantu concepts of kingship and state-building? → kingdom of Kongo
Which of the following statements concerning political and religious universality in Africa is most accurate? → Malike society was divided into three groups, clans of freemen, people devoted to religion, and specialist and trade men
What was the social and political function of the griots? → between Niger and Senegal rivers