← WHAP Chapter 8 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- many African societies unaffected by either Christianity or Islam developed states without
- which of the following statements concerning the social organization of the Malike people is most accurate?
- What Sudanic kingdom declined in 1076, making way for new political organizations in the region?
- Which of the following statements concerning Great Zimbabwe is NOT correct?
- Political and religious universatility in Africa
- a systems of writing
- b Ghana
- c Africa never totally isolated from Mediterranean
- d Malike society was divided into three groups, clans of freemen, people devoted to religion, and specialist and trade men
- e Great Zimbabwe was constructed by Arab Muslims who were trading with the Bantu residents of the region
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- disparities between the technologies and ideologies of Europeans and Africans also created differences in the ways in which their societies developed
- title the king took
- North Africa
5 True/False Questions
which of the following statements concerning the economics of Africa is NOT correct? → much of the region lacked a market economy and was based on self-sufficient agricultural units
What state represents the development of Bantu concepts of kingship and state building? → Great Zimbabwe
Which group did NOT migrate to the coastal region of East Africa? → Berbers from North Africa
In what region was the influence of Islam most profound? → Invasion by a Moroccan Muslim army equipped with firearms, following by internal revolts
African societies organized around the kinship or other forms of obligation and lacking the concentration of political power and authority were referred to as? → stateless