5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sudanic states of Mali and Songhay
- Agriculture in Mali?
- Which of the following statements concerning Great Zimbabwe is NOT correct?
- Which of the following statements concerning political and religious universality in Africa is most accurate?
- Between 800 and 1500 as the frequency and intensity of contact with the outside world increased, which of the following had the most significant impact on sub-Saharan Africa?
- a Neither universal states nor universal religion characterized Africa, but both Christianity and Islam did find adherents in Africa.
- b terribrial cores of some ethnicity, power extended
- c Great Zimbabwe was constructed by Arab Muslims who were trading with the Bantu residents of the region
- d Difficulties of soil, dought, no technology, farmers could barely provide food
- e The arrival of Islam
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- a moral code based on one supreme god
- international trade flourished in the urbanized ports of east Africa, including commerce with India and China
- Berbers from North Africa
- rulers that extended the boundries of the empires, so that by the mid-16th century, Songhai dominated central Sudan
5 True/False questions
what was the geographical location of the empire of Mali? → between Niger and Senegal rivers
Political and religious universatility in Africa → Africa never totally isolated from Mediterranean
How did contact with the Muslim world affect the African slave trade? → Mali
What was the common cultural trait of the urbanized trading ports of the east African coast? → Bantu-based and Arabic-influenced Swahili language
which of the following statements concerning the economics of Africa is NOT correct? → Great Zimbabwe was constructed by Arab Muslims who were trading with the Bantu residents of the region