5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why was the Ceremony of Twelve so important?
- What Assignment did Asher get?
- 6 years old; last year with buttons down the back
- Describe the Assignment of Birthmother. What did Lily's parents say about it?
- What happened when Jonas's number should have been called? What did Jonas think?
- a When the chief didn't call his # he thought she made a mistake, but she never made a mistake so he asked himself "What did he do wrong?"
- b Assistant Director of Recreation
- c learn how to be interdependent on each other
- d they have all the babies of the community/ her parents think it is not an honorable assignment
- e it decided his career for the rest of his life
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
- are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- share their feelings
- he wanted to bring the child to his house because the night-watchers were socially unfit
- Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
5 True/False Questions
12 years old; last ceremony; will receive adult assignments → learn how to be interdependent on each other
Describe the jacket that the Fours, Fives, and Sixes wore, and the reason it was designed the way it was. Also describe the jacket the SEvens wore, and what it symbolized. → 4s, 5s & 6s wore jacket with buttons back so they would have to help each other learn interdependence; 7s get front buttons and it was the first sign of independence and very 1st symbol of growing up
New Children; live at nurturing center → learn uniformly and with strangers
What fascinated Jonas about his father? → Assistant Director of Recreation
3 years old; acquisition of correct language → are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders