5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How did Jonas decide he felt? What was causing this feeling?
- What fascinated Jonas about his father?
- New Children; live at nurturing center
- What was unusual about Jonas and the new child?
- What were Jonas and the other children taught to be careful about?
- a their language
- b they had blue eyes
- c when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
- d apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12
- e learn uniformly and with strangers
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Assistant Director of Recreation
- are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- 4s, 5s & 6s wore jacket with buttons back so they would have to help each other learn interdependence; 7s get front buttons and it was the first sign of independence and very 1st symbol of growing up
- share their feelings
- learn how to be interdependent on each other
5 True/False Questions
What happened when Jonas's number should have been called? What did Jonas think? → it turned red
10 years old; haircut → no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows
11 years old; receive new clothes and undergarments, last year of full time school, receive calculators → showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
What happened to the apple while Jonas was playing with it? → when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
3 years old; acquisition of correct language → are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders