5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why was the Ceremony of Twelve so important?
- What did the word "frightened" mean, according to Jonas?
- Did Larissa know exactly where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released?
- 3 years old; acquisition of correct language
- 9 years old; bicycles
- a learn to be precise with words and fit into community standards of clear language
- b it was very secretive and she only knew they had a ceremony and walked through the door
- c become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults
- d a deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen
- e it decided his career for the rest of his life
5 Multiple choice questions
- no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows
- Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
- no longer a child, will learn how they can work in their community to make it better and learn to take their role in the community
- apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12
- 4s, 5s & 6s wore jacket with buttons back so they would have to help each other learn interdependence; 7s get front buttons and it was the first sign of independence and very 1st symbol of growing up
5 True/False questions
6 years old; last year with buttons down the back → learn to be precise with words and fit into community standards of clear language
What was unusual about Jonas and the new child? → when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
11 years old; receive new clothes and undergarments, last year of full time school, receive calculators → learn to comfort themselves and learn independence
8 years old; first year to do volunteer hours; receive jacket with pocket → no longer a child, will learn how they can work in their community to make it better and learn to take their role in the community
Describe the Celebration of Release of Roberto. → it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf