5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What were the two occasions when release was not punishment?
- Describe the jacket that the Fours, Fives, and Sixes wore, and the reason it was designed the way it was. Also describe the jacket the SEvens wore, and what it symbolized.
- 7 years old; last year with comfort object; last year to go the childcare center after school; get jackets with buttons down the front
- 1 year old; given to a family
- What happened when Jonas's number should have been called? What did Jonas think?
- a are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- b When the chief didn't call his # he thought she made a mistake, but she never made a mistake so he asked himself "What did he do wrong?"
- c elderly and newborn
- d learn to comfort themselves and learn independence
- e 4s, 5s & 6s wore jacket with buttons back so they would have to help each other learn interdependence; 7s get front buttons and it was the first sign of independence and very 1st symbol of growing up
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- no longer a child, will learn how they can work in their community to make it better and learn to take their role in the community
- Assistant Director of Recreation
- he wanted to bring the child to his house because the night-watchers were socially unfit
- share their feelings
- apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12
5 True/False Questions
Describe the Ceremony. Tell what happened at the Naming and the other age levels. → it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf
3 years old; acquisition of correct language → learn to be precise with words and fit into community standards of clear language
Describe the Celebration of Release of Roberto. → it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf
What was unusual about Jonas and the new child? → when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
Describe the Assignment of Birthmother. What did Lily's parents say about it? → He was trying to convince Fiona to let him take care of her, that he was experiencing feelings & they needed to be controlled