5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What happened to the apple while Jonas was playing with it?
- What happened when Jonas's number should have been called? What did Jonas think?
- What evening ritual did the family perform after dinner?
- 3 years old; acquisition of correct language
- 1 year old; given to a family
- a it turned red
- b are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- c When the chief didn't call his # he thought she made a mistake, but she never made a mistake so he asked himself "What did he do wrong?"
- d share their feelings
- e learn to be precise with words and fit into community standards of clear language
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- their language
- will have to help others in the community during spare time and will now have to be responsible for their own things
- they have all the babies of the community/ her parents think it is not an honorable assignment
- they had blue eyes
- Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
5 True/False Questions
What Assignment did Asher get? → no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows
9 years old; bicycles → become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults
What was Jonas's dream about? What did his mother and father say about It? → He was trying to convince Fiona to let him take care of her, that he was experiencing feelings & they needed to be controlled
11 years old; receive new clothes and undergarments, last year of full time school, receive calculators → showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
How did Jonas decide he felt? What was causing this feeling? → apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12