5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe the Ceremony. Tell what happened at the Naming and the other age levels.
- What happened to the apple while Jonas was playing with it?
- What fascinated Jonas about his father?
- 12 years old; last ceremony; will receive adult assignments
- 1 year old; given to a family
- a no longer a child, will learn how they can work in their community to make it better and learn to take their role in the community
- b Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
- c are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- d when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
- e it turned red
5 Multiple choice questions
- they had blue eyes
- it decided his career for the rest of his life
- learn how to be interdependent on each other
- showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
- apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12
5 True/False questions
What Assignment did Asher get? → no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows
Describe the Celebration of Release of Roberto. → it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf
9 years old; bicycles → become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults
What were Jonas and the other children taught to be careful about? → their language
What evening ritual did the family perform after dinner? → when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules