5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why was the Ceremony of Twelve so important?
- What did the word "frightened" mean, according to Jonas?
- What evening ritual did the family perform after dinner?
- 12 years old; last ceremony; will receive adult assignments
- 7 years old; last year with comfort object; last year to go the childcare center after school; get jackets with buttons down the front
- a share their feelings
- b a deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen
- c no longer a child, will learn how they can work in their community to make it better and learn to take their role in the community
- d learn to comfort themselves and learn independence
- e it decided his career for the rest of his life
5 Multiple choice questions
- When the chief didn't call his # he thought she made a mistake, but she never made a mistake so he asked himself "What did he do wrong?"
- showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
- Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
- apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12
- learn uniformly and with strangers
5 True/False questions
What were the two occasions when release was not punishment? → it decided his career for the rest of his life
Did Larissa know exactly where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released? → they had blue eyes
Describe the jacket that the Fours, Fives, and Sixes wore, and the reason it was designed the way it was. Also describe the jacket the SEvens wore, and what it symbolized. → 4s, 5s & 6s wore jacket with buttons back so they would have to help each other learn interdependence; 7s get front buttons and it was the first sign of independence and very 1st symbol of growing up
1 year old; given to a family → are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
What Assignment did Asher get? → Assistant Director of Recreation