5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Children; live at nurturing center
- Describe the Assignment of Birthmother. What did Lily's parents say about it?
- Why was the Ceremony of Twelve so important?
- Describe the jacket that the Fours, Fives, and Sixes wore, and the reason it was designed the way it was. Also describe the jacket the SEvens wore, and what it symbolized.
- 3 years old; acquisition of correct language
- a it decided his career for the rest of his life
- b learn to be precise with words and fit into community standards of clear language
- c they have all the babies of the community/ her parents think it is not an honorable assignment
- d learn uniformly and with strangers
- e 4s, 5s & 6s wore jacket with buttons back so they would have to help each other learn interdependence; 7s get front buttons and it was the first sign of independence and very 1st symbol of growing up
5 Multiple choice questions
- showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
- no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows
- their language
- Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
- Assistant Director of Recreation
5 True/False questions
12 years old; last ceremony; will receive adult assignments → learn how to be interdependent on each other
What was unusual about Jonas and the new child? → when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
9 years old; bicycles → no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows
What did the word "frightened" mean, according to Jonas? → a deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen
8 years old; first year to do volunteer hours; receive jacket with pocket → learn how to be interdependent on each other