5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the two occasions when release was not punishment?
- 1 year old; given to a family
- What was Jonas's dream about? What did his mother and father say about It?
- Did Larissa know exactly where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released?
- Describe the Assignment of Birthmother. What did Lily's parents say about it?
- a are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- b they have all the babies of the community/ her parents think it is not an honorable assignment
- c it was very secretive and she only knew they had a ceremony and walked through the door
- d He was trying to convince Fiona to let him take care of her, that he was experiencing feelings & they needed to be controlled
- e elderly and newborn
5 Multiple choice questions
- Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
- showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
- it turned red
- it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf
- no longer a child, will learn how they can work in their community to make it better and learn to take their role in the community
5 True/False questions
8 years old; first year to do volunteer hours; receive jacket with pocket → will have to help others in the community during spare time and will now have to be responsible for their own things
What evening ritual did the family perform after dinner? → when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
How did Jonas decide he felt? What was causing this feeling? → when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
9 years old; bicycles → no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows
What did the word "frightened" mean, according to Jonas? → he wanted to bring the child to his house because the night-watchers were socially unfit