5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mum Bett
- Thomas Paine
- Nathaniel Bacon
- John Locke
- Andrew Johnson
- a Massachusetts slave who successfully sued for her freedom in 1781 based on the principles of the DOI.
- b political philosopher who believed that a social contract existed between political leaders and the people they governed
- c Colonial era Virginian who led a rebellion that showed the determination of the people to take Indian lands. Died of dysentery.
- d POTUS #17 who replaced the assassinated Lincoln. He was the 1st of two Presidents to be impeached, surviving by one vote.
- e Patriot author of Common Sense and The American Crisis
5 Multiple choice questions
- current Italian member of the Supreme Court; noted hunting buddy of Dick Cheney
- Patriot founder of the Sons of Liberty, involved in the Boston Tea Party
- 2nd woman to serve on the Supreme Court; still serves today
- 1st woman to serve on the Supreme Court; retired recently
- 1st US POTUS, leader of the Continental Army and the President of the Constitutional Convention of 1787
5 True/False questions
Nancy Pelosi → Massachusetts farmer who led a 1786 rebellion that showed how ineffective the Articles of Confederation was
Baron de Montesquieu → French philosopher who argued that people get freedom through the separation of government powers
John Zenger → Colonial era newspaper writer whose court case helped establish freedom of the press
John Roberts → current chief justice of the Supreme Court
Joe Biden → Current Vice President under Obama