5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Baron de Montesquieu
- Nancy Pelosi
- Joe Biden
- Andrew Johnson
- John Jay
- a 1st Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and an author of several of the Federalist Papers
- b POTUS #17 who replaced the assassinated Lincoln. He was the 1st of two Presidents to be impeached, surviving by one vote.
- c Current Vice President under Obama
- d French philosopher who argued that people get freedom through the separation of government powers
- e Speaker of the US House of Representatives & 1st woman to hold that position
5 Multiple choice questions
- Current Supreme Court member; 2nd African American member
- current chief justice of the Supreme Court
- Massachusetts slave who successfully sued for her freedom in 1781 based on the principles of the DOI.
- 1st woman to serve on the Supreme Court; retired recently
- Former baseball player and current St. Louis hitting coach. He holds the single-season baseball record for home runs. This record should be invalidated because he admitted that he set the record while using steroids.
5 True/False questions
William Paterson → Man from New Jersey who believed that all states should have equal representation in a unicameral Congress; wrote the New Jersey Plan
George W. Bush → POTUS until late January 2009
Bill Clinton → Second POTUS to be impeached. He survived easily after lying to Congress about a marital issue.
Arnold Schwarzenegger → Current California governor; Article II of the Constitution would have to be changed in order for him to become POTUS; Born in Austria and best known as The Terminator
John Dickinson → political philosopher who believed that a social contract existed between political leaders and the people they governed