5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clarence Thomas
- Nathaniel Bacon
- William Paterson
- John Dickinson
- John Locke
- a Man from New Jersey who believed that all states should have equal representation in a unicameral Congress; wrote the New Jersey Plan
- b Colonial era Virginian who led a rebellion that showed the determination of the people to take Indian lands. Died of dysentery.
- c political philosopher who believed that a social contract existed between political leaders and the people they governed
- d DE delegate to Const Conv of 1787 who was best known as the author of the Articles of Confederation
- e Current Supreme Court member; 2nd African American member
5 Multiple choice questions
- Patriot author of Common Sense and The American Crisis
- Former baseball player and current St. Louis hitting coach. He holds the single-season baseball record for home runs. This record should be invalidated because he admitted that he set the record while using steroids.
- Speaker of the US House of Representatives & 1st woman to hold that position
- Current Secretary of Homeland Security who is blamed by many Republicans for the security that lapses that allowed the "underwear bomber" to board a flight to Detroit on Christmas day.
- Current Vice President under Obama
5 True/False questions
Mike Leach → Massachusetts slave who successfully sued for her freedom in 1781 based on the principles of the DOI.
John Zenger → political philosopher who believed that a social contract existed between political leaders and the people they governed
Ruth Bader Ginsburg → West Virginian who currently presides over most meetings of the US Senate as the President Pro Tempore
Antonin Scalia → 1st Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and an author of several of the Federalist Papers
Daniel Shays → Patriot founder of the Sons of Liberty, involved in the Boston Tea Party