5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Andrew Johnson
- John Roberts
- Alexander Hamilton
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Joe Biden
- a 2nd woman to serve on the Supreme Court; still serves today
- b POTUS #17 who replaced the assassinated Lincoln. He was the 1st of two Presidents to be impeached, surviving by one vote.
- c Current Vice President under Obama
- d current chief justice of the Supreme Court
- e Wealthy New Yorker who believed that welathy and well educated should have most political power; wrote the majority of the Federalist Papers; 1st US Secretary of the Treasury under Washington
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1st woman to serve on the Supreme Court; retired recently
- 1st African American member of the Supreme Court
- Virginian who helped James Madison write the Constitution and presented the Virginia Plan and a federal court plan.
- current Italian member of the Supreme Court; noted hunting buddy of Dick Cheney
- Massachusetts farmer who led a 1786 rebellion that showed how ineffective the Articles of Confederation was
5 True/False Questions
Samuel Adams → Patriot founder of the Sons of Liberty, involved in the Boston Tea Party
Thomas Paine → VA primary author of the Declaration of Independence; wrote about unalienable rights; 3rd POTUS; 2nd US minister to France
Janet Napolitano → Current Secretary of Homeland Security who is blamed by many Republicans for the security that lapses that allowed the "underwear bomber" to board a flight to Detroit on Christmas day.
Nathaniel Bacon → Massachusetts farmer who led a 1786 rebellion that showed how ineffective the Articles of Confederation was
George III → King of England hated by colonists during the Revolutionary Era. Only individual directly referenced in the Declaration of Independence.